+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ball's in my court...?

ball's in my court...?

This guy gave me his card today and wrote his cell phone number on the back of it (a guy I've met/talked to twice now.) He doesn't have my number or email, so if I want to see him (I do) it's my call.

But I really don't want to be the one to pursue something here. I don't know how interested he is and I'm not looking to be disappointed/get hurt at the moment. So I want to send an encouraging text/email without actually asking him out (and leave that up to him if he wants to.) Any suggestions on what to say? Help!

"Hast du alle Tassen im Schrank?"

My suggestion is to swallow your pride and just mail him what you think. From a mans point of view, he's very unlikely to give a number to someone he does not find attractive.

Also, if you contact him and leave it TOO casual, he may think you are only interested in him as friends, and it might scare him off. I'd just dorp him a note to say you were pleasantly surprised that he gave you his number, and that you'd like to meet up with him for a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    "Hast du alle Tassen im Schrank?"
    lol. Ja. Danke Doppelgänger, du bist ne sehr große Hilfe.

Edit: Thanks Casco. I think I'll send him a text and see if he's free this week... that way he has my number too.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 15-12-08 at 03:39 AM.

Na dann mach es kurz. "Wie geht's?" "Wie steht's?". Das genügt, nicht wahr?

Der ist Franzoser und wir reden Englisch miteinander. Du empfehlst dann nicht, dass ich einen Termin vorschlage?

Mein Daum wartet auf der "Send"-Taste... by the way, what's with the German?

eta: sent: "Hey Max, it's Annie. how's your day been? do you have any Lust auf a drink this week (tuesday?)"
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 15-12-08 at 03:52 AM.

He would have asked you, all you needed to do was show you have an interest.

But you asked him already out for a drink, I'm sure he'll go out with you.

What's with the German? You're location says "right now - Germany" I speak German

And yuck! A French guy? The Germans do it better.

If he gave you contact information then thats enough to tell you he is interested. You can send him "encouraging" messages if you want but I think if you ask him out straight out, you would impress him with your confidence. And I don't think its an act of desperation to be the first one to ask out a guy. But after the first date, he should be the one to ask you out for the second. Just make sure, the interest is balanced out.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    What's with the German? You're location says "right now - Germany" I speak German
    Hehe, oops, didn't notice that.

And yuck! A French guy? The Germans do it better.
    Normally I'd agree with "yuck - a french guy!"... although this guy isn't so slimy And also - Germans are weird. I can't really see myself dating one.

He's gay.

Humph.

So now I feel like an idiot for asking him out... but seriously, what did he expect? He seemed interested.

Ich hab es doch gewusst! Französischer Mensch. Du hast schon die Antwort gehabt.

Was hat er nicht denn? Eigentlich ein Schwuler oder was?
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 16-12-08 at 05:34 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's gay? Well, that's what you get for chasing a french guy.

Does a gay German guy even exist? Seems like an oxymoron somehow. All the Germans I know (some weird, true) like beer & women.

Anyway, one persons weird = another's 'interesting'.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He's gay? Well, that's what you get for chasing a french guy.

Does a gay German guy even exist? Seems like an oxymoron somehow. All the Germans I know (some weird, true) like beer & women.

Anyway, one persons weird = another's 'interesting'.
    Yeah, there are TONS of gay German guys. My landlord, for example. He drinks champagne, not beer.

I know what you mean, I'm sure most of the guys I've been interested in are weird to other people. I'd love to be proven wrong about Germans by a German guy.

you need to get you some gaydar.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you need to get you some gaydar.
    I figure I had it coming to me since the ballet dancer was, in fact, straight. It's like in Final Destination - it's been chasing me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast