+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about calling..

question about calling..

I'm sort of confused...hoping you guys can shed some light..

I went out with a guy/friend for dinner and he called after 5 days, but he didn't really mention going out again. Acutally, I'm not really sure why he called - it was one of those conversations where you talk about nothing...

So I'm wondering if he was just being courteous or whether he's waiting for me to call him or, etc..? Anyway, just curious. Thanks for any insight.

Hey, Carbon! haven't seen you around here lately. How's life?

Anyway, the fact that he called at all probably means he wants to go out again, but he's trying reeeeally hard to play it cool. Maybe he wants to keep it from getting too intense, or maybe he really likes you and doesn't want to blow it.

I'm overanalytical about the number of days a guy takes to call, I know. I'm getting my flame-proof suit on right now, ready for the flack when the guys see this. Here goes:

1-2 Days: He's either extremely into you, worried he's got competition, or has no self-control.
    3-4 Days: He's politely following the rules or getting advice from women about when to call.
    5-6 Days: He isn't all that keen, he's getting advice from men about when to call, or he thinks this makes him look like he isn't desperate.
    1 Week or More: He has his head so far up his own ass, you don't want him.

He did call, though. The question is, do you want him? What are you going to do about it? The ball is pretty much in your court now.
    Spammer Spanker

I think he likes you at least somewhat, since he gave you a call.
    Maybe he's a little shy? You could call him, it wouldn't hurt.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, that's odd.

I would never call after a first date if I wasn't asking for a second.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post

Anyway, the fact that he called at all probably means he wants to go out again, but he's trying reeeeally hard to play it cool. Maybe he wants to keep it from getting too intense, or maybe he really likes you and doesn't want to blow it.

I'm overanalytical about the number of days a guy takes to call, I know. I'm getting my flame-proof suit on right now, ready for the flack when the guys see this. Here goes:

1-2 Days: He's either extremely into you, worried he's got competition, or has no self-control.
    3-4 Days: He's politely following the rules or getting advice from women about when to call.
    5-6 Days: He isn't all that keen, he's getting advice from men about when to call, or he thinks this makes him look like he isn't desperate.
    1 Week or More: He has his head so far up his own ass, you don't want him.

He did call, though. The question is, do you want him? What are you going to do about it? The ball is pretty much in your court now.
    I'm always two days, no matter who the girl is. I think three is a bit much.

Is there ANYTHING wrong with you, Mathias? Yes, you have a past, but it's made you the man you are today.

You just let me know if you ever need a reference.
    Spammer Spanker

Hey Giga! Life has been very busy and much better in the relationship dept since I was last around LF. How have you been?

The question is, do you want him? What are you going to do about it? The ball is pretty much in your court now.
    I'm not really sure what I want to do. I guess I would want to hang out again, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wait for him to ask first / if I would come off as desperate if I asked first.

Quote Originally Posted by lugosi View Post
    I think he likes you at least somewhat, since he gave you a call.
    Maybe he's a little shy? You could call him, it wouldn't hurt.
    Do you think he wants me to wait for him to call again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Wow, that's odd.

I would never call after a first date if I wasn't asking for a second.

Yeah, that's why this is confusing. The only thing that even hinted at going out again was that he asked what I was doing for Thanksgiving, but he already knew that I was going home and I already knew he was going out of town. So I don't if he was trying to ask something, or he just forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon
    Hey Giga! Life has been very busy and much better in the relationship dept since I was last around LF. How have you been?
    Good enough. Got really involved in that LDR, like I'm always telling people is a bad idea, I'm likely to shove a turkey leg up some family member's ass this weekend and I hate itunes. You know. The usual.

I'm not really sure what I want to do. I guess I would want to hang out again, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wait for him to ask first / if I would come off as desperate if I asked first.
    Not if you are very casual about it. Can you think of any feeble excuse to see him? Borrow a book he mentioned? Maybe an upcoming movie you'd both like to see?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon View Post
    Yeah, that's why this is confusing. The only thing that even hinted at going out again was that he asked what I was doing for Thanksgiving, but he already knew that I was going home and I already knew he was going out of town. So I don't if he was trying to ask something, or he just forgot.
    That makes more sense.

He forgot.

Maybe he just couldn't find the words, and as soon as he got off the phone, he whapped himself repeatedly in the head with it, saying, "Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

I think you should do him a favor and give him an opportunity. It sounds like he's having trouble with it. Ask him if he wants to go Christmas shopping with you.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by carbon View Post
    Do you think he wants me to wait for him to call again?
    If he hasn't called you a second time by now... just forget about him or call him!

I'd give it until Wednesday, since you're doing family stuff this weekend and he knows it.
    Spammer Spanker

so it's been the weekend and he hasn't called. we had a brief email exchange over thanksgiving (i emailed him first). he responded but i haven't emailed him back. am i supposed to wait for him to call or just call him, or just email him back? .. or maybe i should just forget about him. ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast