+ Follow This Topic

Thread: These feelings are driving me insane, HELP!!!!

These feelings are driving me insane, HELP!!!!

Im a 25 year old male who is still a virgin and i mean that in every possible way. I've never had a girlfriend. The most ive ever done with a girl is a hug. Thats the furthest ive ever gotten also. I dont know why but recently the subject of relationships, being a virgin etc has really started to bother me. Its never really been an issue in the past. I personally think i'm sexually immature as i didn't really become interested in girls until my late teens while most of my friends say they started as young as 9, ??????. All of my work colleagues are in relationships and they always go on about their other halves. When i go out i see people younger than me with a partner. It really bugs me. I've only really attempted to approach girls who i have crushes on but as we all know when you have a crush on someone its game over. It just isn't going to happen. You probably wont even speak to your crush. I seem to get crushes on a regular basis now and its terrible for me, the length of time the crush lasts has become shorter over the years but the intensity is doubled and i have even been close to tears. Thats how strong the feelings have become and that has never happened before.
    I have become interested in a girl in the last few weeks and i feel like i really want to make and effort this time. But every time an opportunity opens up where i could approach her the fight or flight reaction kicks in and i end up walking by and not jumping on the chance. But when i get home i become really aggressive towards myself because i didn't take the chance. Its all i think about, its taking hold of my life so much so that ive started to increase my interaction with people i see out and about so that i can increase my confidence to approach this girl. I dont know what im hoping to get back from this. I'm just getting this off of my chest but any comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reffus123 View Post
    Im a 25 year old male who is still a virgin and i mean that in every possible way. I've never had a girlfriend. The most ive ever done with a girl is a hug. Thats the furthest ive ever gotten also. I dont know why but recently the subject of relationships, being a virgin etc has really started to bother me. Its never really been an issue in the past. I personally think i'm sexually immature as i didn't really become interested in girls until my late teens while most of my friends say they started as young as 9, ??????. All of my work colleagues are in relationships and they always go on about their other halves. When i go out i see people younger than me with a partner. It really bugs me. I've only really attempted to approach girls who i have crushes on but as we all know when you have a crush on someone its game over. It just isn't going to happen. You probably wont even speak to your crush. I seem to get crushes on a regular basis now and its terrible for me, the length of time the crush lasts has become shorter over the years but the intensity is doubled and i have even been close to tears. Thats how strong the feelings have become and that has never happened before.
    I have become interested in a girl in the last few weeks and i feel like i really want to make and effort this time. But every time an opportunity opens up where i could approach her the fight or flight reaction kicks in and i end up walking by and not jumping on the chance. But when i get home i become really aggressive towards myself because i didn't take the chance. Its all i think about, its taking hold of my life so much so that ive started to increase my interaction with people i see out and about so that i can increase my confidence to approach this girl. I dont know what im hoping to get back from this. I'm just getting this off of my chest but any comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    I'm with you.
    I have felt pretty much the same thing as you have....I wish I could give you some advice, but I'm really new to the relationship-stuff too.
    Confidence is a big issue in this one. That's my problem, and I'm guessing it's yours too

Good luck mate
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?