+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best way to apologize?

Best way to apologize?

So I had a little problem with this girl I was having something with. We weren't together and actually know rather little about each other. The result is rather a little bitter and all of this was just the result of unfortunate happenings, one after the other... Now, she thinks bad of me (which is also perfectly understandable as I've made a few mistakes) but I honestly still want her and the first step needed is to apologize to her. I need to let her know I'm not the person she thinks I am (a dick), and that I didn't mean to do what I did.

So ladies, how would you want a man to apologize to you? I can't think of many options my self!

Thanks!

ps: I don't have her address - so leaving a unicorn on her doorstep can't really happen

I'm not a female, but the best way to go about would be to be sincere with your apology. Apologize because you're sorry about what you did (whatever it was), not because you want her to know you're not quite the rooster she thinks you are.

Too little information.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlow View Post
    So ladies, how would you want a man to apologize to you?
    I remember your other thread about this. After the way you acted, I would be fine with receiving a sincere, humble apology, but I would not want to have anything to do with you.

You don't want to simply apologize, you want to get her to consider dating you. I don't think that's a sincere apology. You really were a dick to her. Repeatedly. You've already had to apologize for your behavior before. When you act that way, the consequence is that people aren't going to like you. There's really not a whole lot you can do to change someone's mind once they've decided you're a dick.

I don't think you can salvage it, but if you are honestly sorry, apologize and then leave her alone. Since you have mutual friends, maybe you'll get to be around her more and she can see how you are and then maybe decide that you're an okay person. But leave it up to her, don't actively try to change her mind. Your chances with this one are slim, so don't expect anything to ever happen with her.

Oh geez... I just went and read your other thread. MM is right - you screwed the pooch. Time to forget about her and move on.

You showed your true colors, and she's spotted it. There's no recovery from emotional abuse with someone that has no feelings and no relationship with you.

Well... if I should not expect having anything to happen with her, then I don't think there's any reason for me to apologize anymore. Now that I read your post, I kind of came to realize that I'm not honestly sorry as well, so it's probably better if I just leave her alone. After all, I never had the proper chance to sit down and talk to her (which I still think is so ridiculous and random), so in one way she doesn't deserve to know the true me. But like you said, we probably would bump into each other so perhaps something might happen in the future. She was really my type, which is the sad story. But there are plenty of other ones out there so I'm just going to start looking, instead of waiting for someone hot to appear again. Hope I no longer have to think about her again, it's been ruining my vacation anyway...

Just read your other thread. You really did screw up, mate! Well you may want to move on but if you don't learn from this experience I fear you're just going to repeat your mistakes. Look mate, if you really wanna pursue a girl you gotta take it a little slow initially. I always start slow and it works for me. And always be gentle with the ladies, bro and next time get the number from the girl and not from some mutual friend. Good luck, mate!

thanks for the advice bro