+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some friendship advice... (long story)

Need some friendship advice... (long story)

Hi.. its been FOREVER since I posted anything on here.. I just need some advice from people that are "out" of the situation...

I have two great friends.. well.. I thought they were. ...
    One of them is a guy I have been crushing on forever..but we are or were before this great friends..
    Ok here goes..
    Three people invloved.. names have been changed ..
    "steve"
    "sarah"
    "larry"..
    Steve and Sarah are dating.. I have known steve the longest..I rented a room from his mom years ago. Steve went away on vacation with his mom... he has a $36,000 bike.. (motorcycle) So ... he was nice enough to lend it to a friend of his while he was gone but he has to tell Sarah.. if .. anyone .. meaning any girls. were on it. Pretty stupid to lend it but.. whatever... that was the deal... Sarah and I are good friends.. we hang out alot.
    This one night while steve was gone.. I saw another girl on his bike with his friend. Larry asked me not to say anything.. and at first.. i didnt .. I said iwouldnt it wasnt my place. I went home.. thought about it .. slept on it .. and well. the next morning.. I told Sarah. .. yadda yadda yadda.. larry isnt talking to me because he think I "lied" to him about not saying anything..

A few days go by.. I say im sorry .. I think its over.. I go hang out with another girlfriend of mine and Sarah was supposed to be out with us but she was at home sick.. we were texting back and forth .. jokin she has the "swine flu" .. anyway.. the girl that was on the back of the bike is Sarahs "enemy" she hates her... We had a caddy text conversation about her.. and the night end..

The next day .. i see larry at the bar we all hang out in .. and he isnt talking to me again. I said whats up? He said not only are you a liar but now you just want to start drama.. Im sick of it. ???

I was like what? He said .. You were talking about my friend.. that was the girl on the back of the bike.. and now you just want to start drama.. I said no i dont.. Sarah and I were just being caddy.. she asked me if she was there and I said yea.. He yelled at me at the bar and said.. " no she didnt you just want to start shit"

To make a long story short.. Sarah is very insecure.. she loves her man and this girl hits on him.. its stupid. So .. She threw me under a bus to save face with her man.. Steve ... Steve and I are fine. We are talking still .. but I dont know what to do about the other two.. I miss Larry but I think Sarah needs to tell him the truth.. I havent talked to either in about 3 weeks. What should I do?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    What should I do?
    Tell your friends to grow the hell up. This isn't high school, if the guy didn't want girls or w/e on the bike, he shouldn't loan it out.

Why he's loaning out a motorcycle is beyond me, WAYYYYYYYYY too much liability. It will be a cold day in hell before I loaned mine out. $36,000 for a bike is outrageous, that's starting to hit low end motoGP setup bikes.

Loaning a bike out and saying a guy can't have girls on it.....what an idiot.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Thanks for reading.. yeah I know .. its worth alot.. Custom Harleys have a tendency to be pretty pricey. I told them all to grow up pretty much.. Im over it all..

He should have NEVER loaned his bike out .. Period.. totally stupid..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey Jane, its not you, its them. Stupid. You already know this, just a vent I'd guess.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    What should I do?
    Find better friends
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

yeah.. thats it exactly.. Im over them and I pretty much told all of them but "steve" .. that I was done talking to them. Its hard for me to not to talk to Steve.. his mom and I are close. I have a ton of great friends.. I dont need their juvenile crap in my life. So.. thank you for validating my venting.. I knew I should of just said the hell with them along time ago .. but .. Im the kinda person who wants to always make peace. its my nature I guess.. I live in a small town .. no doubt .. the bar that I hung out in is going to be uncomfy now ..oh well..
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan