+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal if a your girlfriend..

Is it normal if a your girlfriend..

Do you guys think it's normal for your girlfriend to hangout with her best guy friend?

Red flag. Read the many, many threads about "I secretly love her and am waiting for her to dump her bf, but we're just friends..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Red flag. Read the many, many threads about "I secretly love her and am waiting for her to dump her bf, but we're just friends..."
    Huh? He's already with this girl. He's is asking if it's normal for his girlfriendto hang out with her friend who is a guy. Read the threads carefully.

Anyways, I'm not a girl, but from the other threads I read on here about this situation, this is the advice. It is normal for some girls to have guy friends for various reasons, like maybe she's a tomboy. Meet the guy extra case you think something's going on between them.
    Last edited by That_Guy; 21-06-06 at 08:20 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy
    Huh? He's already with this girl. He's is asking if it's normal for his girlfriendto hang out with her friend who is a guy. Read the threads carefully.

::Rolls eyes:: Clearly someone is not taking their own advice.

I agree with Giga, and my response was going to be similar. Girls have the ability hang out with guys and have no feelings for them beyond friendship (we know how to set up boundaries!). Where I agree w/Giga's response is that guys typically only hang out with girls they wanna get with (I have been told by guys time and time again.....).

So, while your gf probably has no intentions with this guy, there's a much better chance he is indeed waiting for a moment when he can step into your position. Unless he's gay. I'd keep an eye out, but don't attack your gf over it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Not all girls know how to set up boundries, and other girls cant defend those same boundries.

Like Giga said... There are plenty of guys out there with female "friends" who they would love to have a crack at. Some of them will only ever have the feelings and never act on them... Others you couldnt trust if they were 6 feet under.

Do you trust your GF?
    Do you know this guy, do you trust him?
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

It's perfectly normal, unless maybe if there's more to the story.
    There is always the chance of getting stung when you trust anybody- but that is a chance you have to take because if you don't trust her, she will pick up on it, and no relationship can survive without trust - or with perceived distrust.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with giga and bluesummer. We must have seen this scenario a million times posted in this forum from the male "friend" point of view.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    Not all girls know how to set up boundries, and other girls cant defend those same boundries.

Like Giga said... There are plenty of guys out there with female "friends" who they would love to have a crack at. Some of them will only ever have the feelings and never act on them... Others you couldnt trust if they were 6 feet under.

Do you trust your GF?
    Do you know this guy, do you trust him?
    I don't know the guy but I kinda trust her cuz she explains to me a lot how he's just a friend..

Today I have just been feeling kinda depressed.. I have no clue why, I just have been in a bad mood and she's going to this like 18+ party thing that she's only going for her best friend and she like keeps telling me to go but I can't, I prob won't be able to get in.. Her cousin's friend or something can get them in..

She had been kinda irritated today and so was I and I just don't know.. and some random freshmen (she's a sophmore w/ a late birthday) just said hey whats going on.. then she said nothing much you then he said nothing, stuff like that.. then she said "we'll hang soon fool" somethig like that.. I called her and said what she said cuz we do this sometimes, read to eachother our comments.. before I was like I'm goona read something to you but don't get mad trust me I don't care and she said "He's a freshmen so you can't really talk shit" stuff like that.. but she's out eating with her sister and friend.. I'm goona call her later though.. I don't know I feel really bad, and she keeps telling me not too feel like that cuz nothing will happen friday.. ahhh help please =\

If she says nothing will happen you MUST trust her... or distrust her and LEAVE her.
    *MaJiK*

I have a best friend who is a guy and most of my friends are guys. I have had alot of men tell me that if I was their woman I would have to stop talking to my guy friends. That will never happen. I have been friends with these guys way before I even knew any of these men, I don't sleep with any of these men(never did) and if you can't trust me then don't be with me. If you trust her and she's not trying to keep you away from her friend then you have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    If she says nothing will happen you MUST trust her... or distrust her and LEAVE her.
    yup. After all, there is always going to be some guy who wants your girl.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnoglykme
    I don't know the guy but I kinda trust her cuz she explains to me a lot how he's just a friend..
    You kinda trust her? It's like mini696 said - you gotta figure out if you do or not. It won't work if you don't. Sorry.

Yeah there isnt a halfway to trusting someone.
    *MaJiK*

WHAT UP AINTNOGLYKME you didnt think we would forget about you at GB
    did you? lol i cant believe you have a girlfriend when you look like this in real life
    seroiusly(to everyone, he posted it on a different forums then tryed to delete it but someone got it first =))

EDIT: *Slaps wrist*
    Last edited by Kiechi; 01-07-06 at 05:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast