+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bad idea?

bad idea?

What's everyone's opinion on relationships where they really don't have a whole lot in common? I met a guy a while back and he seems to be interested in me, but he's really not my type. I'm the type who likes to watch south park, listen to heavy metal, be goofy, etc. He seems like a total good kid. We have similar interests in school (we're going for the same degree) so that's good. And I'm also a good person (another thing that matters in a relationship). I just don't know if it's a bad idea to go for it since we're so different. I would go for it anyway, but I don't want to get into something that's almost for sure not going to work since I've been having really bad relationship luck lately. I just can't handle more crap right now. Any ideas?

i think its good to look out of your normal box! i dont have a whole lot in common with my girlfriend shes the really quiet type, really really shy, a good girl, im a bit of a dick head! hung around with the wrong crowd, did a lot of drugs, have a lot of debt, got in a lot of trouble, got nothing goin for me etc. we been together for just over a year now and shes the best thing to ever happen to me!
    if you been havin bad relationship luck lately maybe a change is what you need! you'll never know if you dont try. and maybe your taste in music might rub off on him a little
    i can laugh or i can cry,
    i can fall or i can ride,
    i can live or i can die,
    the bottom line is,
    that choice is mine

as long as u like him, dont see why not!!!

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Quote Originally Posted by igor
    What's everyone's opinion on relationships where they really don't have a whole lot in common? I met a guy a while back and he seems to be interested in me, but he's really not my type. I'm the type who likes to watch south park, listen to heavy metal, be goofy, etc. He seems like a total good kid. We have similar interests in school (we're going for the same degree) so that's good. And I'm also a good person (another thing that matters in a relationship). I just don't know if it's a bad idea to go for it since we're so different. I would go for it anyway, but I don't want to get into something that's almost for sure not going to work since I've been having really bad relationship luck lately. I just can't handle more crap right now. Any ideas?
    Opposites attract. Having common interests is WAY WAY over rated, in no way are they bad but they ARE NOT a necessity.

You said what you are into but haven't said what he is into.

What degree are you going for?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Oh yeah... I'm going for a computer programming degree. That probably doesn't make a difference, but it shows that I can be a little nerdy too.
    I'm just trying to get other people's opinions since I make bad decisions sometimes. I just don't want to seem manly to him or anything. Usually it's the guy who is a little more crazy and immature. Either way, it's better to go for a nice guy for once, right?
    Last edited by igor; 24-04-05 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by igor
    Either way, it's better to go for a nice guy for once, right?
    OHHHH a nice guy

What kind of things is he into?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I