+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Kindergarten was easier?

Kindergarten was easier?

This has probably been discussed before but I am still curious and amazed at how things work around in this world. It seems as though girls nowdays don't appreciate anything. I work HARD for everything..my career, personal goals, stay physically fit, often complemented by the girl friends, volunteer whenever I can, smile at everyone and try not to take anything for granted. & in turn girls think you're being super nice and brush you off like you're some sort of fan of theirs. So iim like.... Do I need to put on a persona of some sort of a bad boy or maybe wait 10 min before I reply to my txts like some of my other friends who had much success using those tactics. I mean..lol seriously? I know every girl isn't that way but what about the rest of them all? What are the ingredients for that magic potion that'll knock some sense into em

Hi, yes, guess what, just because you attain goals in your life doesn't mean that you automatically get coupons for dates with women, or whatever. Work on your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCause View Post
    that magic potion that'll knock some sense into em
    **** you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCause View Post
    This has probably been discussed before but I am still curious and amazed at how things work around in this world. It seems as though girls nowdays don't appreciate anything. I work HARD for everything..my career, personal goals, stay physically fit, often complemented by the girl friends, volunteer whenever I can, smile at everyone and try not to take anything for granted.
    All good qualities but what is missing that makes them not want to jump your bones. Are you too much like their girlfriend with dangly bits, a push over, an emotional catch all for their troubles? Have you asked your female friends why they have friend zoned you?

& in turn girls think you're being super nice and brush you off like you're some sort of fan of theirs.
    Have you been acting like their groupy?

So iim like.... Do I need to put on a persona of some sort of a bad boy or maybe wait 10 min before I reply to my txts like some of my other friends who had much success using those tactics. I mean..lol seriously?
    I doubt that's ALL you'd have to do.

I know every girl isn't that way but what about the rest of them all? What are the ingredients for that magic potion that'll knock some sense into em
    Perhaps just slightly changing your ways but remaining genuine will help you out in the lady department?
    You know how you feel when a nice girl likes you but you don't find anything other than a platonic attraction to her... looks like that's what's happening to you. (????)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wow..alright well i just help clarify a few things b/c i know what you just wrote doesn't apply to me..& quite honestly its harsh for all that you know about me. I am not a groupy..or have too many girls in friend zone & i don't expect anything ..a coupon like you mentioned for anythhing that I do for myself. All I was trying to say was that I would respect someone who works hard in life and is nice to others..why isn't the same way with some of the girls who think they are on some sort of pedestal? and there are more of them than guys. If I see a extremely fat unattractive chick walking down the street..I would still treat her as I would anyone else, but I might not be interested in dating her. I guess the other thing yall implied was that I was "hitting" on girls out of my league and no i am not. anyway not worth arguing on here ..its the internet so thanks all for you input. Have a great life.

Post Closed

All I was trying to say was that I would respect someone who works hard in life and is nice to others..why isn't the same way with some of the girls who think they are on some sort of pedestal?
    I don't know. I don't associate with people who think they belong on some sort of pedestal. It's fun to tease those types though. Have you tried that tactic? Or better yet, as soon as you realized they think they are pedestal-worthy, immediately distance yourself from them... who wants that kind of personality in their life anyway?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I apologize for my harshness. It's frustrating to see so many people with the attitude that they're owed something because they're a nice person, and that there's something wrong with the opposite sex because they must just be too stupid/stuck-up to realize how wonderful you are. Going, "Why can't those dumb girls just see how much they're missing?! I guess they just like assholes" is never going to help you be successful.

So, no, there is no magic potion. You have to get rid of that sense of entitlement and just get out there and try. Meet lots of girls. Ask lots of girls out on dates. When it doesn't work out, briefly examine what you could have done differently. Don't blame others. Good luck.

Wakeup's reply wasn't harsh at all. Post "closed" after two replies that you didn't like? That seems closed-minded.