+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you ever get that feeling...?

Do you ever get that feeling...?

That someone you know could be on this forum and neither of you would realize the other was on here?

Maybe you've given advice to your brother and wasn't aware?

Or god forbid... you've given advice to your gf/bf... wife/husband?

These are the things I think about when I can't find the remote to the tv...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

LOL I am almost willing to bet that my ex is a member of this forum. Idk why but I have that feeling. I had my account on remember me and one time he responded to a post and I deleted it because when I saw it... I never typed it. I knew he did and when I asked him he laughed.

As for my siblings... one of my brothers can't even fit at a damn computer and the other is anti-social networking. LOL! One of my sisters has a facebook but she myspaces more than facebook. My younger sister isn't allowed on either sites but she YouTube's to death. She has a lot of videos geezzzz.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I get that feeling ALOT!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I've told lots of my IRL friends about this place and none of them seem really interested. They just don't know how addictive it can be.
    Spammer Spanker

The first day I got onto this board and started reading, I found a post that almost mirrored the situation that my ex was in. It freaked me out for a bit, but then as the post developed, some minor details were off so that was a relief. I notice that many of us on this board go through very similar things and it makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one going through it.

Yep, it's happened to me before.

now i'm thinking...THANKS A MILLION AERA!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Yep, it's happened to me before.
    happened? CC is an actual member here! How is she btw?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chances are someone from your area (or work field) knows someone who knows you. I'm not sure it would quite fit the 6 degrees model, but there must be something of that dynamic involved.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I had my account on remember me and one time he responded to a post and I deleted it because when I saw it... I never typed it. I knew he did and when I asked him he laughed.
    Heh, that happened to me once.

Yeah, it's happened. When I start reading a thread that starts with, "So I just started seeing this older guy that I work with..." I start thinking it's one of the girls I've been playing around with. These forums are a top Google result, so if some ex/gf was looking for a place to pour her heart, this is probably where she'd end up.

I have yet to read some post by a late thirties Canadian that starts out with "So I've been seeing this younger woman...." When/If I do, I just might faint -- or be evil and mess with him...

Now that I think about it... the IngSoc symbol would be a dead give away... if he were to be on here.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    now i'm thinking...THANKS A MILLION AERA!
    Hehe... I aim to please.

- James Allen