+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pursuing a friends ex?

Pursuing a friends ex?

Just recently I've started talking with this girl I've known since highschool. I never really talked to her before, but we know each other through my cousin, whom she is good friends with. Anyways, since we have been talking over AIM for a bit, she has suggested hanging out sometime. I want to take her up on it but I'm not really sure if I should. She is really easy to get along with, down to earth, fun, good sence of humour, and not to mention drop dead gorgeous, but there is a slight hitch; she happens to be my friends ex.

Here is the dilema though; they have been broken up for a while now, since december last year, and I live in a very SMALL TOWN so these types of situations happen all the time. From what he told me a few weeks ago is that they won't get back together because they always fight and argue. Other than that I'm not really sure what the status is between them, but I do know she is single. I'm definatly considering hanging out with her, and I'm not sure how my buddy would feel about it if he were to find out, but the fact is that they done and have been for a long time. Would I be over stepping some boundaries if I were to try and persue this girl, or is it out of line for him to have a problem with it?

You know, the honest and best answer would be simply to ask him if he'd be OK with it. Chances are he'd feel a bit weird, but if the relationship didn't end spectacularly badly he'll probably get over it.

You're showing signs of concern about lying etc. Simply just talk to him first and get his blessing. Or, don't get his blessing and say "Hey, I think I'm going to date..." and throw it out there man. Do the right thing, say something up front, and save yourself grief on the back end.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Or you can just ask her out, and deal with the consequences of your friend thinking your a dbag...

No, the right thing is definitely to ask your friend first.

This happened to me. But I'm not serious on getting her ex.
    When I told my friend about that, he even told me just to f*ck her then leave.hahaha...
    [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Attraction Dominator[/URL] - How A Clueless Guy Be Able Hot Attract Hotties... Get it [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Here[/URL]<-----