+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my girlfriend is love with someone else

my girlfriend is love with someone else

We have been together for over ten years and bouught a house together 2 years ago.
    Thre was a lot of work to be done to the house and she was also getting stressed at work. Last year she left the job as she was close to a breakdown and left the country for a 3 month brake. She went to Morocco and just 3 weeks before her return At the end of January she met a Morroccan which I wasn't aware of. She came back and felt quite cold towards me and it did not twig that she had meet someone. She suggested we broke up as she did not see a future. A week later she said she was going back as she was still not sorted and she did not like it here because it was cold. She came back at the end of March and and things felt fine and we made love a few times. She told me she wanted to finish as she did not feel she loved me and to find somone else becaause she wanted to stay in Morocco for the summer and the weather. Then she left her email open and I read emails she had sent to her friends about this relationship and to say I was devastated would not describe how I felt.
    To cut a long story short, she is back here and totally in love with this guy and he asked her to marry him. She wants and would have only because he wants her to convert to a muslim that she is not with him now.
    She does not want to be with me now although I've read more emails she has sent to her friends that she only see's me as a friend and no more.
    Do you think I'm flogging a dead horse here and will she ever want to be with me again because I really do love her and would still like to make a go of it.
    I'm gentle and quiet and he is an asshole from what communication I've read that she sends her friends.
    He puts her down, disrespects her, and I think he reminds her of her father who still treats her like a kid.
    Do I have any hope?

No, not really. Only hope that you have is that she realizes your the one made for her and comes back to you. Other than that, her mind is made, and there really is no changing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have you ever asked her to marry you? If not, why?

You have no idea how shocking and surreal it was to read your post. Because a foreign guy had been tempting me to leave my b/f of 8 years. (Extra funny side note, he is from England like you all). Would I leave my b/f JUST for him. Heck no! But I've been unsettled for so long waiting for my b/f to propose, that I apparently became ripe for the pickings for the first guy who said sweet things to me.

That guy quickly turned out to be COMPLETELY insincere and (thank God) nothing ever remotely went anywhere. But I would never have been tempted to even talk to him in the first place if my b/f loved me enough to want to marry me.

I think you may still have a chance but, unfortunately, it is probably a long shot. The best advice I can give is to find a quiet, relaxing, long alone time to have with your g/f and have a heart to heart talk with her. Some of the things you will want to cover are that you know she has been unhappy and has drifted away from you. Lay your feelings big time down on the table! TELL her how much she means to you. Bring up the marriage issue, if you think that has been a problem for her like it has been for me. Good luck! My heart is sad for you.