+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trust issues

Trust issues

I have got bad trust issues. The guy I'm seeing picked up on it. He told me he wouldn't be around on a certain day because he's driving to a family function in another state (not that far) and I assumed he's seeing another girl! I'm really bad to the point that In the past I would stalk my exes Fb and put things together that didnt exist. This is why I don't add people I'm seeing on social media.

Besides seeing a therapist how can I learn to trust? I analyze everything and so it feels like I'm being betrayed.

Whats the worst thing that could happen? He sees another girl, you dump him and move on.. its not the end of the world. If you think of it that way, it may help..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yes well if I find out that's the case I will. Just hate not knowing but the truth always comes out

Ignorance is bliss.......get a life outside the relationship so you will feel some self worth and confidence in yourself.

Trust issues suck. They can destroy a connection before its even had a chance to blossom. If you've been burned before (and those who haven't been cheated on won't understand this ) but, if therapy doesn't help and no matter what you do to try getting grips on the 'trust issue monster', and I can't believe i'm suggesting this but here goes. (i'll get ripped apart for this no doubt but here goes) buy some spyware. If you need to know for sure and nothing else will satisfy, put the power in your hands. Google your local spy company; lot's of nifty gadgets affordably priced. Look, I know it's an invasion of privacy, all that, yadda yadda, blah blah BUT, when nothing else works and you can't afford a private detective, do it yourself.

20 years ago I placed a recorder in an ex's car. I can't tell you how empowering it was to press play as he yelled at me that he would never cheat on me. Ah, empowering.
    sorry to be so rash in my suggestion but again, people who haven't been cheated just don't know what it feels like, how it can crush things. Sometimes, you just need to know for sure the person who claims their good, truly is.