+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do men ever get over trust issues ?

Do men ever get over trust issues ?

Men do you ever forgive and try to fix a relationship if your women you love cheats?
    If your in love with her will you? even though she broke your heart?
    What if she loves you but made stupid mistake?

If the man got his principles,and got some guts , he will surely NOT forgive you for cheating..maybe after some timee,alot of it,and alot of effort from you,he COULD try to get over..but I wouldn't bet on it.

Doubt it, if a woman cheats in a relationship with a guy, it is likely she'll do it again. It isn't a stupid mistake, its a lapse in judgement, and people who have bad judgement usually seem to have it happen more than once.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by rachel41 View Post
    Men do you ever forgive and try to fix a relationship if your women you love cheats?
    Rachel, In your other post, you told us that you and he had an open relationship *as his request*.

It's time to stop all this self blame. You did not cheat - you had an open relationship as per his request. If his heart is broken, then it's his own fault for wanting an open relationship. If he's jealous about you having found more partners than him, well he can just suck it up. About the only mistake you made was going along with his silly plan in the first place.

It's time to stop feeling all sad and pathetic. If you had any self respect at all, you'd put on your big girl panties and put him firmly in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Rachel, In your other post, you told us that you and he had an open relationship *as his request*.

It's time to stop all this self blame. You did not cheat - you had an open relationship as per his request. If his heart is broken, then it's his own fault for wanting an open relationship. If he's jealous about you having found more partners than him, well he can just suck it up. About the only mistake you made was going along with his silly plan in the first place.

It's time to stop feeling all sad and pathetic. If you had any self respect at all, you'd put on your big girl panties and put him firmly in his place.
    Queen B we found you !

there is no such thing as LOVE in an OPEN RELATIONSHIP...that s just an excuse for ppl who want to have a constant sex partner,while also having the possibility to have sex with others.

Quote Originally Posted by bass12345 View Post
    Queen B we found you !

there is no such thing as LOVE in an OPEN RELATIONSHIP...that s just an excuse for ppl who want to have a constant sex partner,while also having the possibility to have sex with others.
    Did you miss the part about HIM being the one who suggested the open relationship in the first place?!

I could forgive a woman for it under certain conditions. A. She admits she was an idiot. B. She doesn't have STDs. C. Her reputation isn't ruined and the guy is removed from the picture. D. She would have to continually prove her devotion and earn the trust back. E. She has actually learned from the experience and matured so that it never happens again. F. Our relationship better be rocky at the time. If it were not rocky and perfect I wouldn't believe any of the previously stated.

thebloodycoon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnonymousMan View Post
    I could forgive a woman for it under certain conditions. A. She admits she was an idiot. B. She doesn't have STDs. C. Her reputation isn't ruined and the guy is removed from the picture. D. She would have to continually prove her devotion and earn the trust back. E. She has actually learned from the experience and matured so that it never happens again. F. Our relationship better be rocky at the time. If it were not rocky and perfect I wouldn't believe any of the previously stated.
    Cannot tell if you're serious or trolling...

"Continually prove her devotion and earn the trust back..." - Wouldn't it be an exhausting relationship, and doomed to fail soon?

Short answer - no.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Quote Originally Posted by thebloodycoon View Post
    Cannot tell if you're serious or trolling...

"Continually prove her devotion and earn the trust back..." - Wouldn't it be an exhausting relationship, and doomed to fail soon?
    It would be exhausting for her until she earned the trust back yes. By continually I didn't mean forever, I meant just until I trusted her again. I wasn't trolling.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women tend to forgive more readily than men. That's a weakness, btw, not a strength.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Women "forgive" so they can maintain a healthy stable of suckers and quantify the amount of friends they have. They "forgive" particularly to have guys around to boost their egos. Man forgiveness is true, whereas woman "forgive"ness is for ulterior motives.

<----woman expert...in theory

Quote Originally Posted by rachel41 View Post
    Nope. I love my wife to pieces - I'd cheerfully disembowel someone and make them eat their own intestines if they hurt her...

But I wouldn't forgive her for cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Nope. I love my wife to pieces - I'd cheerfully disembowel someone and make them eat their own intestines if they hurt her...

But I wouldn't forgive her for cheating.
    This is a worrying post.

Quote Originally Posted by searock3 View Post
    This is a worrying post.
    I never said I was particularly nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast