+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel my BF's too nice?

I feel my BF's too nice?

Not in terms of looks, but sometimes I feel that he cares too much for me and I don't give him nothing back. We've been going out for only 6 months, and in a way he spoils me too much. At first he would buy me things once in a while without me asking, but now I would ask him to buy me every little thing I see and want, and he does. I feel guilty, its like I'm using him. I don't want to come to a point where the only time I need him is if I want him to buy something for me, but at the same time I can't be like "can you stop being so nice to me". He's such a nice person and I like him a lot, but I'm not committed to him the way he is committed to me, he does a lot for me, but I feel like I don't do enough for him. He's always checking I'm safe and happy, but I don't do that for him. I want to be with him without using him the way I think I do now (I'm always telling him to do stuff, buy me stuff, and he doesn't complain), and care for him the way he cares for me, but what can I say to him? How do I stop being so spoilt?!

EDIT: I also moan/ get grumpy at him a lot without meaning to, deep down I want him to be there for me, but when he's with me I want him to go away....
    Last edited by Martika; 30-05-09 at 03:29 PM.

Seems like you have some issues you may want to address with the help of a counselor. There's no shame in that, but it may be good to address them now, before they start affecting not only your current of future relations, but also your personal and work / career life.

I'd recommend seeing a nuero-psychologist who can teach you mindfulness training.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stop having him buy you stuff?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think you really love him, but rather than just admit it to yourself, you insist that you do because you think you SHOULD. Just break up with him - he deserves to have a girl that loves him the way he cares for you.

Money can't buy happiness and apparently not love either? Gee, go figure. You are using him, but he also thinks that this is the key to your heart, and if he buys you enough stuff you'll love him back. Not the way it works unfortunately. You should break up with him because you don't respect him. You are basically being a whore if you stay with him because of the money. Money for sex and love= prostitution.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin