+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend is spending less and less time with me..

My boyfriend is spending less and less time with me..

Okay, so, me and my boyfriend have just moved in together about a month ago, and we are together a year now. He's always been really good at music so he has decided he wants to follow the music career and see where it takes him. I fully support him in this , but now all he wants to do is go out and write. Its all he thinks about.

I have tried on several occasions to suggest fun things to do together (incase he is just bored) but he has no interest. He just spends most of his day sitting alone writing songs. ALL DAY. I find myself having nothing to do, as i was so used to spending all my time with him. Im beginning to think now that it isnt all about music, that maybe he is just getting bored of me. He always leaves the house to go and write songs, so maybe he just wants to get away from me. Someone please help, Im finding it hard to make sense of the situation because its all happened so sudden, and before now we always spent all our time together. Dont be afraid to tell me what i dont want to hear.

lalalita Guest
    I think you need to get your own hobbies and interests. You can't always rely on your SO to be your only form of entertainment, that's not fair to them. He clearly has something he is passionate about and enjoys doing on his own. Do you have any friends you can spend time with? Even if you don't, going out and doing things alone is always an option. Even just going to get a cup of coffee at a local café and reading a book, going to the gym, window shopping.

You just moved in together. That sort of changes things. You used to get "breaks" from seeing each other when you went to your separate homes. He needs his alone time.

This could be just a short period dedicated to songs until he gets bored. Maybe he hasnt change - you just newer knew him. Living together is much diferent than what you did before. Arrange time to spend together and lala have point about being busy too. Ask him to write song about you !
    Last edited by pcmaster; 28-07-13 at 02:01 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Do either of you work? And if not, why not? Are you spending time together at night? How much time did ye used to spend togeter? And how much now? Has his behaviour changed in any other way?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

There needs to be balance. You need to be able to entertain yourself without him - but it's also fair that he'd spend time with you doing nice things. If he isn't ever doing nice things with you, the relationship will wither and die.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.