+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I stop feeling so damn clingy?

How do I stop feeling so damn clingy?

fsafsdfasfsafas

For some reason, my message can't be posted in the topic..so...I have to post it in multiple posts...so sorry about this!!!!

Well, I'm dating some girl(not boy/girl friend yet, if that happens), and everytime I don't talk to her for a day or two, I start to really miss her. It gets to the point where I think about her aaaaaaaaall night long and can't sleep. I even write cheesy poetry! Hahahah.

But yeah, I need some tips to get me to stop thinking about her so much when she doesn't have time for me. This weekend, however, I did the same to her to make her miss me. I told her to call me later, but she didn't because it got too late, so she sent me a pretty long e-mail saying she missed me(TWICE BABY ; ) ) and that she wanted me to call her the next day. However, this time, even though she told me to call, I waited for her to call, and she did! This type of stuff makes feel better, honestly. Not the fact that I'm ignoring her, but the fact that she actually makes the effort to call me.

What should I do? I try and watch movies or play videogames, but sometimes, I just can't concentrate on them! Aaaaaaaah!! By the way, I am eighteen, and a senior at high school.

I just got done watching a movie and playing a video game!

What are you afraid of losing which causes you to obsess over her so?
    Speak less. Say more.

well look, a lot of people go through thise phase at the beginning of a relationship...ur not really being clingy, and if it's hard for u not to think about her...then don't fight it. I know i never could...
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    What are you afraid of losing which causes you to obsess over her so?

I really want to date her, but everytime we don't talk for a while, I feel like she doesn't want to be with me. I'm really trying to get out of this habit.

Then I don't understand why you'd play the not calling her game you mentioned. Seems obvious to me she most probably agree to a date...if you asked her. Also, maybe, you're not thinking about her abnormally much at all. Why not just send her short message whenever she comes to mind overly? Like: "Thinking of you. Looking forward to seeing you again."
    Speak less. Say more.

Oh, I always do! We've been dating for a while, but not like as boy/girlfriends. I've even spent the night at friend's houses with her. I would send her that message, but she lost her phone while we were at the beach...

Only one problem - she doesn't know if she wants to commit. At the beginning, she pretty much told me that, but now she says she's 'indifferent' about it, and hints around it once in a while. However, her mind changes pretty rapidly, so I'm just going to wait a little longer.

Near the beginning of the seeing-eachother relationship, I got really clingy, and I told her that I knew that I was, so we didn't talk for a week. But, after that, we just had more space, and I like it this way. We seem to miss each other all the time, but sometimes at school I get this feeling like she just doesn't give a shit. But that's me being paranoid, I believe...

Aaaah, rambling on and on, haha.

wow, 4 posts to get that out. Whore.
    Sounds like you're a little insecure; more so than "clingy". but it's natural until the relationship evolves.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Sorry. For some reason, I could only make tiny posts, and not large ones. I've been trying to make this topic since Thanksgiving. I saved it in a notepad!! Hahaha...sorry.

And I am pretty insecure I guess. So, it's natural?? Hehe..any tips to help meeee?