+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i dump him?

should i dump him?

i'm 18 and i've been dating my 27 yr old boyfriend (that right there is an issue) for about 3+ months now. i'm going back to school soon (we're semi-ldr right now, so once school starts, we'll be together again) so i wanted to figure out whether i should stay with him or not because of stuff that's been building up:

1. my dad HIGHLY disapproves. this entire summer, he has not spoken a word to me. and he goes out of his way to make my life difficult (biggest thing: he's not paying my tuition for next year... and has threatened to my mom that he's going to divorce her and legally disown me). and he ignores my mom too because she accepts our relationship (though does not like it). my dad's disapproval is not totally unfounded. he mainly thinks that my boyfriend is not good enough for me (age, career, family status, etc) and that he doesn't care for me enough (had sex with me the day after we were official, did not use a condom).

2. he dated his ex for 7 years and has been a bit untruthful about their relationship. he lied about where she went to college (it was such a retarded lie...) and about a bunch of other small things. but after it became too much, i confronted him and he sat me down and told me the entire story. he claimed that he just didn't want to talk about her too much but i kept on asking... and like sometimes it was a misunderstanding... blah blah blah.

3. age gap... he wants to marry in 3 yrs, i want to marry in 7 yrs... we both compromised to 5 yrs but this still might be an issue later on

4. most of my friends are urging me to dump him once school starts... they think i can find someone better. and that he's not worth all these issues.

but despite all this, we're really happy together. and i can safely say that i really love him and he really loves me as well. and our personalities mesh really well, and for some reason, when we're together, the age gap seems to be nonexistent. i really do feel a connection with him... when it's just the two of us, it's perfect. but i realize that we don't live in a bubble and factoring in factors from our families and friends and pasts... our relationship is far from perfect.

any opinions??? thanks in advance!!!!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the answer is yes. the fact you even asked meant it was a yes regardless of what you wrote.

ya know, anyone who has to set a limmit on when they need to marry has some issues. there is no way you can prepare for marrige in a set amount of years. thats somthing that takes it own course. id know. also marrige nothing that needs to come up right now, you need to only focus on personal happyness, that damn ring of faith and trust proves nothing in todays day and age. trust me i'd know.

you prob want to settle down when your ready, hes ready, thats gonna be harder 2-3 years from now.

about your friends...**** them. friends dont need to infulance anything in your life. the probiblity of you haveing them friends 365 days for now is slim to none. you cant listen to everyone else, you can only take advice. you need to do whats best for you.

i have a friend how is 18 and shes into my buddy how is 24...her friend and i have said we dont think they should date but we both know they are gonna. take it a day at a time....you to young to plan big hopes and dreams...trust me im old...27 lol!

Hes too old you are too young dump him....there simple. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS! TRUST ME >>>>I AM OLD! IM 47 and I have been through a hell of a lot more than most of these posters on here. Stop wasting your life on a committed relationship being only 18. College is your time to rawk, have fun, play around and experience life....get rid of that 27 year old dead weight!
    Last edited by smackie9; 18-08-11 at 03:27 AM.