+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Much Needed Advice...

Much Needed Advice...

Before I left for school in the middle of August, my girlfriend of 9 months broke up with me, her reasoning because i was going to college. At the beginning of the breakup I did the typical stupid thing and begged for her back and she didn't want anything to do with me.

I woke up and started treating her like a friend and suddenly shes saying she loves me again (still no talk of getting back together) and that she wants to say bye to me before I leave. So she says bye and we started to...makeout and do whatever, and then we both said this would be a bad idea.

So I go to college and she constantly calls me, I come home that weekend cause I forgot something and we hang out fri. and sat. and had sex each time (sorry if im not supposed to post that). Each time after she cried saying she didn't know what we were and that she was confused. I said we're just friends (I still liked her).

So we still talk on the phone alot and it seems like we haven't even broke up. I transferred back home to school for reasons. I called her one night and say lets go out this weekend and she says no i don't think thats a good idea cause what my friends would say. I got suspicious and confused and we kept talking. Eventually she broke into tears saying she was confused on the situation.........week later I found out she had went on a date that weekend before.

We go out one night to the movies and afterwards I tell her, you still have feelings for me its obvious by what you do. She says no, I said then why would you cry several times since we've broken up (she cried on the phone aswell twice) and say you're confused. Her response was getting extremely mad saying "I wanted to make sure you knew we were friends, I don't like you I think we shouldn't talk."

I then found out that she likes this other guy and went on a date with him. Now this guy is extremely unattractive and way out of her league. I'm not jealous, I'd admit if he was attractive but hes not a looker at all. They have a connection because they've been good friends for a while, and they were both best friends with a kid who died two weeks ago.

I don't think her relationship will last long at all with him, she dated him in middle school and he cheated on her and hes known to sleep with a bunch of nasty girls.

We are friends right now, but we aren't talking...how do I get her back? I know she still has feelings for me, if I was in denial I'd understand but the shit she does makes it obvious that she still likes me. So what should I do? I still love her a lot and I think she is just trying to make herself not like me for some reason. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Just back off and don't talk to her anymore. 999 times out of 1000 things don't work out in a situation like this. Best to try just to move on.

It's college time bud. Move on and life life. College is the best years of your life, get out there. And who the hell cares how good looking he is?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    College is the best years of your life
    Thats what they said about high school. ...and it flopped. College is HARD ...there is nothing "best" about it.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Don't you think it is a bit insensitive to be worrying about this when her best friend died TWO FREAKING WEEKS AGO?

You know, I've never heard anyone say High school is the best years of your life...not once. I think you're too young and immature at that point to get a lot out of high school. College is different. Besides OV, you don't count.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Thats what they said about high school. ...and it flopped. College is HARD ...there is nothing "best" about it.
    I completely agree OV. If I'm lucky I have 1 good day a week, and I just waste it by getting hammered.

i think HS were the best year , of course those opinions will most probably change as i grow older .

But just remember , No bills to pay , no big responsibity , girls were easy , you had more than an a shit-load of friends , i used to get hammered at least 3 times per week and when i used to smoke weed 5 times per day everyday , sleep in class and still pull a 75% when the exams come , no big hassle to do homework , there was always someone that looked dumber than you no matter what answer you gave in class .

It was the time to be free and have no worries whatsoever and still be grown enough to be able to have sex and get hammered , also my parents would understand that this was an age of trial an error and they would accept some of them like coming back drunk at 4 am when i was 15 (that was the latest i ever came back home until recently...)

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    But just remember , No bills to pay , no big responsibity , girls were easy , you had more than an a shit-load of friends , i used to get hammered at least 3 times per week and when i used to smoke weed 5 times per day everyday , sleep in class and still pull a 75% when the exams come , no big hassle to do homework , there was always someone that looked dumber than you no matter what answer you gave in class .

It was the time to be free and have no worries whatsoever and still be grown enough to be able to have sex and get hammered , also my parents would understand that this was an age of trial an error and they would accept some of them like coming back drunk at 4 am when i was 15 (that was the latest i ever came back home until recently...)
    Funny, I cant remember any of those things. ..oh and yea ...girls are always easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    College is different. Besides OV, you don't count.
    Different how? ...and why dont I count. My opinion is the only opinion that matters to me..so when I say college sucks...it sucks...it could be nice to "you" but for me...it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    I completely agree OV. If I'm lucky I have 1 good day a week, and I just waste it by getting hammered.
    I dont even have one good day a week..Im to poor to even get hammered.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-09-05 at 03:40 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

in my opinion i would leave them alone....it seems their dating is caused by a horrible accident and if thats the case after her grief. it seems to me both are clinging together because they both feel the loss of a friend. After it passes they will grow apart and if its ment to be between you she will call YOU. If she loves you she will come back to you! good luck!