+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a crush on this girl.

I have a crush on this girl.

I'll keep this as simple as possible. During my senior year of high school (I graduated in the summer of 09) I became acquantices with this girl (she is now a senior). When school ended I developed an infatuation for her. I haven't talked to her since school ended, but we are friends on Facebook -- but that means nothing. I haven't sent her any messages or anything, but I did write on her wall wishing her a happy birthday and she replied back (I know this means nothing, but I thought I should post it anyway). When I get high speed internet back, I could send her a friend request on Xbox Live so we can at least talk to each other again. But I really hate when I have a crush on some girl, and I just don't know how to deal with it. I need some help.

Why don't you just send her an email on Facebook asking for her number?
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

Are you still living in the same town?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    Why don't you just send her an email on Facebook asking for her number?
    I don't know, that sounds kind of weird to me. It would seem more natural to talk to her on XBL instead of the phone (we would have something to talk about, we like the same kind of games). I don't like talking on the phone; I've never asked any of my friends for their phone numbers, and she might get weired out if I asked her on FB for her number.

I still live in the same town -- I don't know where she lives.

Fortune favors the bold. You went to school together, you have plenty to talk about (what your old teachers are up to, old assignments, etc.). Asking a girl you're interested in for her number is nothing like asking (or not asking) friends for their numbers.

The longer you wait, the greater the chances she's going to meet some other guy that sweeps her off her feet.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

sending someone a messege on fb isnt that bad. I mean its not like you are a complete stranger, and by the looks of it you have no other option.
    sending a msg through xbox live might actually be a lil more weird.

why dont you just messege her on facebook and just build up an interesting convo, something you know she is interseted in. it doesnt have to be much. You say she plays xbox, what game is she interested in? hopefully something builds from there on

Quote Originally Posted by BTNHfan99 View Post
    sending someone a messege on fb isnt that bad. I mean its not like you are a complete stranger, and by the looks of it you have no other option.
    sending a msg through xbox live might actually be a lil more weird.

why dont you just messege her on facebook and just build up an interesting convo, something you know she is interseted in. it doesnt have to be much. You say she plays xbox, what game is she interested in? hopefully something builds from there on

I meant talking to her on XBL -- you know, chatting with friends in a party? Sending her a message on FB might seem kind of weird -- I don't know, I just think it might make me look kind of desperate or stalkerish or whatever. If we play on XBL we could joke about what's happening -- like "haha, I just killed you; you suck". Plus playing games is more fun than talking on the phone, in my opinion. I think she likes shooter games (MW2, RE5,) -- I have MW2, I can't wait to play it online.

EDIT: Wow, okay. She was online about 20 minutes and I sent her an IM; we've been talking for a while. Nothing much, though. I think I messed up.
    Last edited by TSA09; 10-02-10 at 04:33 AM.

Anyone got any more advice?

How about actually talking to her, and talking to women in general. Basically what you wrote is this: you don't have much exposure to women, but you develop feelings for them and don't know what to do with these feelings. Here's a hint: stop wasting your time with Facebook and XBox Live and go out there and actually talk to them, that way, when you develop feelings, you'll have an actual use for them besides bitching about them.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

It's hard for me just to talk to people that I don't know. What I want to do is ask her if we can go to the mall whenever I see her on FB again, and ask for her number as well. But now she apparently has a boyfriend -- oh well. We can just hang out as friends I guess.
    Last edited by TSA09; 17-02-10 at 01:30 AM.

She's single again. I've been working up the courage for like two weeks to ask her to hang out. About 30 minutes ago I IM'd her, "hey. 3 minutes, no response. "What's up?" Again, no response. A few minutes later she goes offline. That kind of pisses me off.

i know this feeling. its what i called puppy love when i was younger. you just remember her as the way she was, and the way you where you loved her in that moment and in a form you are in love with a memory. and you will always have that wonderful memory. and it very well could be more but its probably just puppy love. just try to avoid her for a while her page and other things. do something active. go on a hike meet some girls, go clubbing and after seeing and talking to several other girls if shes still the only one you can think about she might be be more than just a crush try talking to her. like face to face. over coffee and donuts as friends. and if things escalate after that then good for you.

listen this is comeing from a girl either shes really not into you or she is just busy either woth someone you dont know about or with schoool or work. trust me with the whole puppy love thing i've been with my bby's daddy for going on 3yrs and on the occasion i still catch myself thinking about an old crush i havnt seen since i was a freshman in high school. so yeah, just try avoiding her for a while, trust me on this one. just go out to a club, or go on a hike or bike ride youd be amazed at what fresh air can do for the soul, just try meeting new people and soliziling wiht new girls, go and get a new hiarcut, talk to someone differenta at school or work and try being really out of yourself great for a day or 2. but do it for you and not for her. becuase ive found that when i do think baout old crushes and stuff i fall into a bit of depression and wanting things to go back to hte way they were and stuff, just for real man you have to get yourself amped up about something anything but for you!.

She probably was just busy, but I wish she would've at least said "sorry can't talk" instead of ignoring me. I'll try talking to her next week. I had an interview at Wal*Mart yesterday so hopefully I get the job, so I can have my mind on other things.

Alright, so around a week ago I sent her a message asking if she wants to hang out some time; she replied back "yeah whenever" (not the entire message) so on Tuesday I asked her what she's doing this Saturday; she replied back "might be with friends don't know yet; taking my drivers test tomorrow" So, what do I do know? I don't want to ask for her number just yet. Ugh, I'm confused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast