+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She want's to slow down.

She want's to slow down.

I'm in my first relationship and the girl I'm dating is pretty new to dating too. It's been about a week since we've started dating and things have been going pretty great.

I kissed her maybe 2 days after I asked her out and she was very receptive. From then on, we've made out a few more times. I told her more than once that she should tell me if I do anything that makes her uncomfortable. I won't list off the things I've done, but I'll tell you that we pretty much got to second base. Now she is telling me that she wants to slow down.

I have no problem with her request, I just feel really bad that I made her uncomfortable. I've apologized and she has said it's no big deal, but I still feel like the scum of the earth.

One more thing. She never actually said how slow she wants to go. I'm nervous about even holding her hand now, let along kissing her. I don't want to do anything that will make her more uncomfortable. How can I handle this?

Just ask her how slow she wants to go. Don't feel scummy, just respect her wishes and ask her.

I agree with the first response, and also, if she says she wants to break it off, accept it as oppossed to trying relentlessly to hang on...

Dude....

If you were going too fast, don't you think she would have told you?