+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a new crush!

a new crush!

it was sort of unexpected for me. i've known this guy for about year and a half now (we work together) but we've had relatively very little interaction. but for the past week and a half, we've been working together kind of closely. i'm not sure now it happened, but i feel like we've gotten a little playful with each other. from what i know of him, he's a very intelligent, nice, but also very introverted guy. he's not shy, but more reserved. other people have described him as "odd" and doesn't tend to make too much eye contact with people.

when we are at work, we don't get too much "alone" time, but we do tend to playfully tease each other (and it is generally work related stuff). i dont' think anyone else notices. and maybe it's all in my head anyway. he's always been a facebook friend of mine and lately we've been posting funny comments on each other's walls and writing messages. it's all playful work related stuff tho. now i find myself thinking about him and smiling a lot. he seems like someone i genuinely enjoy spending time with and would love to get to know him. i just dont' know how to transition from coworker to possible friendship/romance. i know this is stupid, but although i do sorta feel a vibe from him, how can i tell if he's interested?

oh and just to add...last week i sent him a facebook message asking him if he wanted to see the new bond movie. he said he'd "love to" if it's compatible with when he gets back from his vacation. he even noted what rotation he will be on next and what time he gets out.

a new crush

HI there

What kind of place do you work at? and what positions do you both have. To be honest I would not get involved with my coworker at all. I would leave it no more than just "coworkers" professional work related only. Because company's have a policy about that. Plus you or him don't want to lose your jobs. Also what if this guy is married and have children since you didn't mention much about his status. Plus people tend to gossip on jobs and get the wrong ideas. I just wouldn't get involved with my coworker. But only leave it professional work related only. Its best to find and date someone outside of the job. Speaking from experience.
    Last edited by Mikkii; 18-11-08 at 02:02 PM.

we are both doctors (residents) at a hospital and dating among residents is completely accepted.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Mikkii, dating someone at work will eventually bring all hell down on both of you. Avoid it at all cost. There's one but though, if the two of you are mature enough to control the situation then it might end up being just fine. However do try to assess the situation and consider yours and his personality traits before starting anything.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

If you're not careful you guys will be the part of the gossip mill for a while. Plus it might get into complications too if you're dating a co-worker. I would never date a co-worker but than if you changed employers it's free game! Somehow I used to think hospital workers weren't as bad as office workers but hell they are probably worse with the gossip from what I experienced so far. Just be careful!!