+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it love or am I asking for trouble?

vvv is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is it love or am I asking for trouble?

I met a girl a few months ago and it was filled with passion in the beginning. A month and a half into it she found that she lost the emotional feelings towards me/relationship. She can't pinpoint the reasons (I trust her being honest) but she really wanted this to work so she continued to spend time with me hoping she would come around. We had some talk last few nights and I concluded that it's time to let go. It's very difficult because I started to fall in love with her and I had some of the best moments in my life with her in the beginning.

Through the talk I found out she's going through some life issues (direction, purpose, age, etc.) but I can't say it affects how she feels about me. I decided not to see her again but I feel terrible if I leave her at this moment, as a friend or soulmate, because she doesn't even talk to any friends about what she is going through. I love her and I'd like to stand by her to get through this. I admit that I still have feelings but I am not going to expect to develop a romantic relationship again. Of course I would like it deep inside of me. Am I asking for trouble and a messy situation?

Quote Originally Posted by vvv View Post
    Am I asking for trouble and a messy situation?
    Most likely.

It's probably best that you not see her again, at least until you completely get over any romantic feelings for her. Then if you still want to, try being her real, honest friend and not "friend who is in love with her and secretly hopes a relationship will eventually happen."

As painful as this is, it's only going to get better once you dissociate yourself from this situation. Luckily it was now and now 6 months down the track, take care x