+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question for males...work collegue

Question for males...work collegue

Hey Males

If a female collegue at work flicks you an email saying hey hows your day going.
    What would you do? Reply back or go over to her office and talk?

is this a trick question or something? I would e-mail her back

Nah not a trick question at all.
    This guy came to my office to talk rather than email back so was just curious if he was interested in me

lol, that's not enough information for us to tell if he likes you. Maybe he prefers talking over e-mailing. Maybe he likes you. Maybe he wanted to respond to you promptly. Who knows?

I dunno. Probably is better e-mailing you to get a chance at a date than get fired by the boss for harassing females at the office.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Who knows?

I almost never respond right away to eMails. If I got an eMail like that and would be passing by, I'd probably just pop my head in to talk face-to-face.

Now, if I was attracted to her, I would MAKE SURE to do so.

Can't tell from the one interaction.

-PP

This sounds a little bit silly, but why not start off with E-mail while you build an office relationship then move on to face to face contact?

Hi Guys

Thought to ask for your thoughts. So I think this guy I am talking about is shy, just not quite sure yet.
    When he walks past my office he looks in and if i see tht he quickly looks away or smiles. Anyway the other day I had to pass his office and there was a guy who just started talking to him and as i was passing i looked in myself..its like a glass door office, and saw tht he was looking at me not even focusing on the guy who just started talkign to him, so i just smiled back.

Anyway so this morning we had a team meeting in the morning and during that we did exchange eye contact and he smiled. Today after coming back from a collegues office he was coming my direction and he said hi and i just smiled back (think I was deep in thought about my job that was on hand) and then on the way back he popped in and asked me if enverything was ok, and i said yip things are fine and then he said u seemed upset before and i just said no just have some job im trying to figure out and then he goes if u need ne help let him know.

So, any thoughts here? Is he interested. I am just not too entirely sure.

Not what you asked at all but you really should avoid work romance. Bad. Baddddd.

That said, none of that shines as particularly above friendly. I always pay more attention to female coworkers then male. Why? 'cuz I'm a guy. I like looking at and talking to women. It makes me happy. Nothing he's done is any indication of any sort of romance in any way.

Maybe he does like you? But nothing he did indicates it. It's not high school; casual glances and smiles don't mean he's got a crush (not trying to sound as rude as that might, just saying that I look at and smile and chitchat with women all the time at work that I have absolutely zero romantic interest in; it helps pass the day.)