+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No males want to be in my life... Why?

No males want to be in my life... Why?

I grew up living with my grandma-- never having a father figure in my life. I have 3 sisters and 1 little brother. I had an unsuccessful long distance online relationship. The guy I was introduced to over Myspace-- basically rejected me by not calling and he eventually stopped. Now, my uncle who I haven't seen in more than 10 years decides to come visit my grandma (his mother). He lives a couple of hours away and he says he's busy with work and stuff. He visited us and he didn't want to go out to eat (I brought it up to him). He just stayed at my grandma's house and talked about things that have went on in his life and things that were going on in our life. He said he'd come back and visit us again but... it's been a couple of weeks now and I feel like he won't be back for a long time because we didn't interest him/

I feel like I will never find a guy who wants to really be with me and who will accept me as I am. I feel like the ugliest girl in the world and that I'm not worth any guy's time. I feel unworthy. That guy who rejected me over Myspace really hurt me and I feel like I'm doomed and that every relationship I get into (if any) will end up with the guy not calling or wanting to hang out.

My sister who is 20 (I'm 19) is ALWAYS getting rejected! The guys who live where we live-- don't call her or want to do things with her. I don't know how to keep a guy hooked and interested. I also never get approaced when I'm out at stores or events like Car races or farmer's market.

Guys: what is it about a girl that turns you off and doesn't keep you interested? Be serious and realistic. How can we keep you interested?

What kinds of things do you do for fun?

what do you do in your spare time? . . . if you had to do an impromptu talk for 10 min, what would you talk about? . . . if you had to look at a certain image (a puppy, a seashore, a mountain, you family), what picture would you look at for all iternity?

there must be something interesting in you
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Appearance.

People will lie through their goddamn teeth about it but it's reality. Men want beautiful women.

So maybe it's time you consider adopting a healthier lifestyle. Change your hairstyle. Get some new threads. Whatever. Like it or not, the more physically appealing you are, the more male attention you will get.

Thing is, with a little work most anyone can be beautiful. So don't get all depressed and give up. And don't sit around hoping for Prince Charming to notice what a wonderful person you are beneath the surface. That doesn't happen. And it's so hypocritical. Let me ask you this: the guy you imagine falling for you for you, what does he look like? I bet you imagine an incredibly handsome guy, right? Not some dopey overweight dude with acne and patchy chin scruff.

So either settle for the dope and find some D&D nerd at RenFest or start improving yourself.
    Last edited by Gribble; 29-10-10 at 12:37 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Eat less fatty foods. Seriously.

Well, don't try to make a meaningful relationship over the internet unless you intend meeting face to face. My advice is go out and do something, join a class - something where you know men and women are forced to interact with each other, so they can't avoid you. You will start developing personal skills. Join a dance class, this is something I know about as I run classes. You will get fitter, the music will make you feel good and you will - believe me - develop personal confidence. Try it, you've got nothing to lose. Or, join any other kind of class. Gym's are bit solitary not really the place to meet socially. In my own class, we have all become friends. Then you will have shared interest with others. In the beginning just think about making friends, then take it from there, let your personality blossom and grow. Don't be hard on yourself..... good luck