+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl I'm seeing is acting weird

Girl I'm seeing is acting weird

So here is the deal. I'm a 22 year old guy, and I've been a seeing a 24 year old for about a month or so now. Things have slowly been getting more and more intimate between us, and for the last couple of weeks have either been hanging out, talking or texting at least every other day. Before I get any further though, we have both made it clear to each other that we are not looking for a relationship right now, but i could definatley see myself dating her if I wasn't planning on moving in a month. Needless to say I'm really into her, and from my perpective she is really into me... at least I thought until now.

A few days ago we went to a concert out of town together, just the two of us. Everything was really good leading up to the concert, but then the day after I was getting a really weird vibe from her and she seemed really distant. She had been partying for 2 days before we went, so at this point she was feeling really under the weather, and I assumed that was why she was acting weird. She's been doing alot of partying this summer, and I want to make it clear that I have no problem with it, after all it is summer. So, when we got back home she texted me and told me she was gonna go out to her moms place out in the boonies for a night or two and just get away from the world to have some time to herself. The messege she sent though seemed really weird and out of character for how she normally sounded.

Anyways, I've tried to contact her via text a couple of times and ask her how she's feeling since we got back, but I havn't heard a word from her and I know she is getting my messeges because she has to come into town everyday to work. This really confuses me because we went from being in contact every single day before the concert, and now it seems like I'm clealy being avoided. My only explaination is that she feels like she's been seeing too much of me lately and is trying to crate some space to avoid feeling like she's heading towards a relationship. Maybe I'm just over reacting and making a big deal out of nothing. either way, I'm really confused about the whole thing, mainly because she just flipped the switch instantly without warning. I would greatly appreciate some advice and insight on this. Thanks.

Your little party girl probably is avoiding you. Chances are she's out with someone else or she just had her fun with you and she's moving on. She sounds like someone that bounces around and uses some classic excuses as to why she won't be available or can't talk. I would suggest just moving on. She will probably get ahold of you within a couple weeks and tell you she's been really busy and didn't have a chance to talk, but thats basicallly just saying that she was too busy with other people. If she does want to do something soon than you can count on her dissapearing act being a normal accurence.
    Been there! (csdtogether.blogspot.com)

Maybe it's a self preservation thing. She may have started to develop feelings for you and thinks it's best if she keeps a distance since you'll move in a month.

Give her some space and see if her behaviour changes. If it doesn't, move on.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Does she know you're moving away? maybe she doesn't want that especially if she's starting to develop feelings for you.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

She could be starting to develop feelings for you, which obviously, is the last thing she wants. Whatever her reason for not wanting to be in a relationship is, it doesn't matter for now, I think, because what you need to be concerned with is how to get her to talk to you again.

Or it could be because she's found another guy that interests her more and she doesn't know how to break it to you.

Being in this situation is really tough especially now that you feel very strongly about her. Go NC. See if she'll try to get in touch with you. I think she will come to a point where she'd want to talk to you. But if she has really met another guy or doesn't want anything to do with you, then you could be waiting for nothing. And when that happens, you need to be prepared emotionally.

Good luck!

Why are you with a girl that doesn't even want a relationship with you?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Why are you with a girl that doesn't even want a relationship with you?
    Because neither of us are looking for commitment right now. It would be pointless to start dating someone now when im moving out of town in a month, and she is thinking about moving as well, possibly to the same city.

She did text me the other day though. She said she's just been working and out at the lake everyday (which doesn't have cell service). I'm still getting a weird vibe from her though cause her messeges are so straight forward now and aren't flirtatious like they've always been. She is a gorgeous woman and has an awsome personality, and I would definatley like to continue seeing her for as long as possible. But I'm a very affectionate person when it comes to women, and I'm almost thinking maybe i've been showing too much affection, and things between us are starting to feel too boyfriend-girlfriend for her liking. The next time I talk to her I'm gonna clear the air and ask if there is a reason why she's being so distant now.

You should do exactly that. Save yourself the confusion and clear the air. Being honest with your feelings should help make things a lot better.