+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tell me your opinion on this situation.....

Tell me your opinion on this situation.....

I'm leaving high school and I've been with my girlfriend for just under 6 months. We're both relatively intelligent, committed to our school work and we're both doing ATAR (TEE or WACE). Because of this and because we live 40km apart (In a straight line), we've been limited to an average of seeing each other twice a week, but it's mostly once a week with weeks such as holidays thrown in where we see each other for 5 days a week. Everything points to us as (I know it's corny..) "being made for each other". We have incredible sex, we both love everything about each other and we talk or text every night. The problem is not now, but in a few months she is going to start flight school (civilian) and the hours are very long, 8:30am -5pm, 5 days a week for 14 months. It will take her an hour to commute each way, but I live semi close to the flight school so we were hoping she could stay a couple of nights a week at my place to keep it together. I'm taking 12 moths off to find my feet and get a bit of money. I really struggle at the moment only seeing her once a week, I miss her so much it kills me. She hates it too and we're both as in love as each other. Obviously she'll have homework and such and I'm just really concerned that we won't spend enough time together and we just drift apart or one of us just gets fed up with missing the other. Just to make things a touch more interesting, I don't even know if at the end of the 14 months we can be together. This is because she may have to move elsewhere to get up her flight hours. I really love her, but I'm not sure if the pain I'll have to go through to keep it together is going to be worth it.....

You're getting stressed about an unknown future. At the 'end of 14 months' anything can happen so why worry about that now. OK, she'll have flight school and long hours. Lots of people have long hours and still make it work. So instead of getting your knickers in a twist just go with the flow and see how it goes?