+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Men Wear Cologne?

Should Men Wear Cologne?

Should guys wear cologne? Do women dig it, or does it make us smell like cheese balls? Curious what you gals think.

I freaking hate cologne of any kind. In fact, our new intern at my office smells like some kind of perfumey hairspray and I'm about to send her home for the day because of it.

Most of that stuff is petroleum based and if you have even a halfway decent sense of smell, it's irritating rather than attractive.
    Spammer Spanker

no defo, cologne is so hot! I really like it, though dont put it on overload, cause then people will think you are silly and trying too hard. If you have your own scent then anyone who likes you will remember it and it can become a special thing, there is nothing nicer than getting close to a guy and he smells good- they will want to stay close forever!

as long as it smells good, cologne is super hot.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i love the smell of (good) men's cologne. Much more so than women's perfume. Unfortunately, they all make me sneeze, at least until it's been worn for several hours. And yes, PLEASE use it in small amounts. (Although to be fair, it is usually WOMEN who have the issue with wearing too much scent.)

rule of thumb: you want women to get closer to you, not smell you halfway across the room.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i hardly wear cologne because pretty much all of the deodorants have some sort of strong smell to them already. however, if i do, i wear echo by daridoff.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Some tribes smear shit on each other and find it attractive.

I wear it now and then, but like Illusional said, deodorant has a pretty powerful smell as is. If I wear it its either Pi by Givenchy or Ralph Lauren Blue.

I bet Giga likes the smell of a professional chef.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Too much cologne can be really repulsive, but none at all doesn't leave that nice scent impression. A small tasteful amount can be good, just don't go overboard.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

As Mishanya says, a little cologne is nice, too much is repulsive. I prefer some cologne to none at all though. If it's a nice one and not too much it can draw me closer to the guy
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

I wear it and there's a whole art to getting it right. If you put on all the other scented stuff then fire cologne all over your clothes you're going to seem like a Drakkar wearing highschooler. Nobody likes that (I'm sure pederasts love it, but that's neither here nor there).

Get something that smells good on you; those little strips you use are rubbish when finding out if it actually works with your chemistry. I tried one a few weeks ago that smelt nice on a strip but when I wore it it quickly started smelling like melted plastic.

Go with unscented deodorant or buy the stuff made by the same manufacturer, buy shampoos and aftershaves (Aveda makes a nice aftershave that seems to work with most anything) that complement the cologne or at worst don't clash with it.

One spritz at the base of the neck, one on the wrists and one at the back of the knees (three in total) and you should be GTG. Mind, you have to buy good cologne. There are tons of them out there so go with something out of the ordinary that will set you apart.

i got the bf some yves saint laurent cologne good lord that shit smells so good.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

It's all good in small amounts, don't go overboard and find one that works for you like previously posted those little strips don't really give you the best idea, instead get samples to try

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    In fact, our new intern at my office smells like some kind of perfumey hairspray and I'm about to send her home for the day because of it.
    FYI, she got fired today. She was told to stop wearing perfume and then we could smell the night-before hard liquor smell coming off of her. Also, she was late three times this week.

I think half of why I hate cologne is that it always makes me wonder what it's covering up.
    Spammer Spanker

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i love guys who smell good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast