+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky I am not president

Lucky I am not president

These students are in America NOT Mexico. If you want to stay here, America comes first, last,and always otherwise go back and make it better where ever you came from. Don't try to turn my country into yours by ILLEGALLY entering mine and then demanding all the benefits of a LEGAL citizen of our nation.

NO funding from federal tax dollars for any student out of class that day or any other day for such subversive activities... Teacher led or not.

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. You should:

03/28 : Student protest

Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High. (Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)

More:

Meanwhile: Mexico Cheers Passage of Immigration Bill

Like I said: Welcome to reconquista.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed by another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.

The battle for borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.

Update 3/29 1030am EST. New photo from the Dallas pro-illegal immigration student rally via the Dallas Morning News:

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You didn't actually write that, did you? Did you pick it up off some ranting, right-wing conservative blog?

BTW: Your photos did not post.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

To answer your question, I did not write it. I received this by email.

I don’t want to battle between political views. So, I will put my views aside & say that in terms of “flag etiquette”, it is disrespectful. The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.

If anyone wishes to read further, that’s fine. I address the situation below from my views.

I’m not sure what your political stance is, & you don’t know mine. Which is just fine as I feel that has little or nothing to do with these images & how it has made me feel indignant as an American. Since I’m already on the subject… this disregard for American self-government is reprehensible. I am not one to oppose change. This however, was not only distasteful but disrespectful to American sovereignty.

I mean consider ILLEGAL immigrants using our countries welfare programs paid for by us Americans (its law abiding tax payers), then not only being outraged when the federal government decides to take action against these law breakers but then to go so far as to demand the rights and privileges of our country. That sickens me!

If immigrants want to come here legally and become an American and assimilate themselves then I feel they should be treated on an exact equality. And not be discriminated against. This is not the case though. These people obviously want to keep segregated with their own origin and separate themselves from America. They are not doing their part as an American citizen. There can be no divided allegiance here. There should be one loyalty and that is the loyalty to the American people.

As for Senate passing the immigration bill, I don’t fully agree. The majority of the 11 million or so people here will be given every benefit of this nation as a product of their illegality. I don't think that's a good principle. That’s another topic though. I was mainly concerned with these images. If this is a glimpse of what is to come, I’ve seen enough!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can't post a piece of political propaganda and then claim you don't want a political argument.

You are getting pretty upset over something one silly high school kid did. I seriously doubt he fully comprehends what you call "flag ettiquette", but even if he did, to hold an entire group of people responsible for the actions of one person seems extremely excessive. BTW - I live local to where that happened, and the boy was suspended.

Also, you are mistaken about what the protests were about. They were opposing the making of illegal immigrants into felons. That is not the same thing as making them legal.

What state do you live in?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Demented State.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

You can't post a piece of political propaganda and then claim you don't want a political argument.
    I can as long as I don't clarify where I stand on the matter. Agreed though, that I did. So I did open myself up to an argument.

You are getting pretty upset over something one silly high school kid did. I seriously doubt he fully comprehends what you call "flag ettiquette", but even if he did, to hold an entire group of people responsible for the actions of one person seems extremely excessive. BTW - I live local to where that happened, and the boy was suspended.

Also, you are mistaken about what the protests were about. They were opposing the making of illegal immigrants into felons. That is not the same thing as making them legal.

ONE KID?! I don't think so... pictures are proof, & I saw proof that there were MANY "high school kids". Whether or not they comprehended the "flag ettiquette" or not, they are not stupid. It was apparent with the pictures what they were stating. No big picture here!

If their justification for this immature protest was because they were opposing "the making of illegal immigrants into felons" that still does not justify taking an American flag & disrespecting it like that. Does the flag mean anything to anyone?! I don't always agree with the government either (and would sometimes like to get their attention as well), but there are sensible ways to go about a situation like that. There are even protests that don't offend the American society. There is a fine line between right and wrong, I understand that. But this was wrong!

If this were in another country then whatever, but it wasn't! Talk about "in your face"!

I live in a proud state!

Let me assist you with a link that I googled for you.
    [URL="http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp"]http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp[/URL]

Didn't mean to double post!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie_Sabrina
    If their justification for this immature protest was because they were opposing "the making of illegal immigrants into felons" that still does not justify taking an American flag & disrespecting it like that. Does the flag mean anything to anyone?! I don't always agree with the government either (and would sometimes like to get their attention as well), but there are sensible ways to go about a situation like that. There are even protests that don't offend the American society. There is a fine line between right and wrong, I understand that. But this was wrong!
    I'm going to have to agree with that statement. How could they possibly think they would do their movement any good to provide an image such as that to the media?

Most Americans are too lazy to do anything beyond reading a caption. What does that image say to Joe American?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, bullsh*t. I wish I had a dollar for every dumb thing a teenager ever did. I would be RICH. And yes, I say one kid. Yes, there is a large group of people in the picture, but they didn't ALL participate in raising the flag. At most, it could only have been a couple in a crowd that actually did it. Besides, your link confirms one student was disciplined.

You red state people kill me. I wish you could get yourselves as worked up over REALLY important and far more appalling things (like unjustifiable wars, poverty and hunger) as you do about dumb kids acting like... well, dumb kids. As for me, I will NOT get hysterical over such nonsense.

For the record, California has a HUGE number of illegal aliens, and they are NOT the ones collecting welfare. It is the native born, lazy @ss Americans that are doing that. The illegals are the ones picking the produce you are no doubt eating everyday (which is only as affordable as it is because they pick it cheap) or the ones mowing your lawns or washing your dishes when you eat out, or babysitting the children of native born Americans. The American economy depends on exploiting these people whenever possible.
    Last edited by vashti; 02-06-06 at 09:59 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch

Most Americans are too lazy to do anything beyond reading a caption.
    What does that say *about* Joe American?

Joe American drives a gas-guzzler, uses 4 times as much water as he needs, feels closer to his favorite TV characters than he does his own kids and, unfortunately, gets all riled up over things that he should just dismiss as "kids being kids". He doesn't want to think about any of the real, pressing problems we have in our society. He cares more about a flag, the symbol of our nation, than he does about the people living in it.

And he's all around us.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Joe American drives a gas-guzzler, uses 4 times as much water as he needs, feels closer to his favorite TV characters than he does his own kids...
    Funny, but I am thinking of Sponge Bob Squarepants right now...

You are right about that, though, and I think that the nature of these protests have now evolved beyond a bunch of angry kids ditching school and have become much more politically saavy.
    Last edited by vashti; 02-06-06 at 05:27 AM.

You red state people kill me. I wish you could get yourselves as worked up over REALLY important and far more appalling things (like unjustifiable wars, poverty and hunger) as you do about dumb kids acting like... well, dumb kids. As for me, I will NOT get hysterical over such nonsense.
    This was uncalled for! Don't pretend to know where I am from. I don't even feel like this is worth discussing any further after that ridiculous comment.

Of course, there are more pressing matters to be discussing. But I COULD NOT disagree with you more on this!

This is going nowhere but farther from the matter. I guess, we will agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Kellie_Sabrina; 02-06-06 at 11:40 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hehehe - did you just word that poorly, or are you really outraged because I guessed you are from a red state?

Best giggle I've had all day!

But really, if you are unprepared to handle political debates, it is best not to introduce them. You have to understand that half the people in the country do not share your point of view and are not afraid to say so.

I miss the good old Bluevette days. Now there was a red-stater who knew how to debate, not that he ever won...
    Last edited by vashti; 02-06-06 at 01:33 PM.

yes I am also hahaha

Barbara Bush said:
    You may think the
    president is all-powerful, but he is not. He needs a lot of guidance from the Lord.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast