+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so we have the same president

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

so we have the same president

yup.. most you have probably already heard the conclusion. however, it's 1000in hawaii, and the race is nearly over. bush is at 269 and you need a 270 to win. so i guess that nothing will change. we shall see how much of his bullshiet he actually lives up to.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Eh, the bullshit is stacked high either way. The episode of South Park with the Giant Douche running against the Turd Sandwich was pretty accurate. I've said it before but we're voting for politicians, not leaders. None are going to be any kind of messiah and all have huge extensive flaws. Best just to go with whichever you feel is the lesser of two evils then get on with your individual life.

BTW: I just farted....it was juicy.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    exactly. this is why i hate to keep up with politics. who bullshits more. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

lol in school we had a poll vote that took the entire day ( i live in nyc and go to a very political school) the results where 76kerry 18 nador the reast bush....i think my school shoudl run as its own country
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

Bah, I give up on Politics...

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

I voted for Bush in both elections- I think he did the best that he could under very extreme circumstances. He may not always be right- but he always gives 110% He's human- he can't be everything to everybody- but I trust him to try to do the right thing which is more than you can say for a lot of people in or out of politics.
    It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true.
    --Henry Kissinger

He only got the votes because of the "Moral" public.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I find that interesting- Why have so many people been using that term as though "moral" people should not be discussed in polite company? When did it become bad to have traditional morals?
    It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true.
    --Henry Kissinger

I don't think that's it's bad to have traditional morals I just think that Bush likes picking and choosing his morals - I think nomas discussed this in another thread.

Why is it murder to abort a foetus who isn't "really living" (I know this isn't the right word but I can't think of a better one) when Iraqi citizens are just collatoral damage who don't really matter and it's ok to lie to get people to go to war (whatever the rights and wrongs of the actual case).

Then again I'm sure Kerry would have lived up to the politician stereotype of being a big fat liar as well.

Urgh, people should just make me dictator!

I don't think Bush is heartless to any innocent lives lost in Iraq- but he sees a greater good in the grand scheme of things. With abortion- he just does not see any lasting good that could arise from the death of any unborn fetus. (Of course you could lead this to stem cell research but those fetuses are a bit too far along to debate if they are "really living")

BTW- this is my favorite type of thread- banter w/info that REALLY makes you think....
    --Henry Kissinger

Regarding Bush, call me cynical but I think the invasion has a touch of the "lets finish off what Daddy started" and "what can I do to please the people who make me powerful" about it.

Also about the Iraqi citizens there is inequality there, they're collateral damage, the soldiers which are killed are tragic losses. Every life lost is a tragic loss and I hate the way that armies justify killing people by just lumping them together as collateral damage. There was an ex-american marine on the radio earlier this week saying how they labelled everyone in Iraq a terrorist, even little six year old kids. It's just unbelievable double standards.

The end, whilst commendable, doesn't always justify the means.

And before you think I'm on an anti-American rant I have exactly the same problems with Blair and our armed services.

But see- that's the beauty of the US (not to knock non Americans- now we both know it's not about "my country is better than your country" crap LOL)

WE are the people who make our leaders powerful. US citizens are so diverse it would be a constant case of the tail wagging the dog if a President spent their entire term trying to make the people who give him (or her) power. At some point they have to stand on their own. Many Americans disagree w/the war- but Bush won't back down b/c he feels it is right. I admire his tenacity.

Also- my ex boyfriend served for over a yr in Iraq so I've been priviledged to many accounts of the GOOD our soldiers are doing for citizens of Iraq. It's a shame that you don't hear more of their stories in the press. There is no such thing as a peaceful War- but I hate the media's biased reporting that refuses to show any of the peace this war has brought to people in the Middle East.
    --Henry Kissinger

are you starting crap again, Faye? Juuuust teasing. You know I loooove you. Ahem. I think that Dubya is going to kill us all. I didn't vote for him. I didn't vote for Nader either. That narrows it down to Kerry, kids. At least this election wasnt' a total sham of the democratic system like Election 2000 was.

Don't get me wrong, I support our troops, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with Dubya's foreign policy. Sure, he stands up to everyone...and makes them hate us. It will be another four years of fighting the ghost of terrorism's present, and spending billions in the process.

I'm not looking forward to it.

Oh, Faye dear, I have that article I promised you about Bush and West Virginia's educational system. I'll snail mail you. Take care to all,

Yellow

I just don't think the US President should base all his decisions around winning an international popularity contest.

AND FYI- I BELIEVE this thread was started by Raverboy (a Kerry fan I might add) NOT FAYE so No I didn't start any crap this time- so Nah! :p LOL
    --Henry Kissinger

LOL!!! ;-) Juuust teasing, hon. I'm glad you have such strong feelings, and that you take up for what you believe in. It's nifty and makes me happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast