+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I still love her: do i have a shot, or is it time to throw in the towel?

I still love her: do i have a shot, or is it time to throw in the towel?

My girlfriend broke up with me two weeks ago, because she was nervous about being so serious with me... "i dont want to get hurt" type of thing. Well the only way to save my pride was by finally giving in and agreeing with her the next day (i left her a voicemail). All in all, we left on good terms.

A week later, I ran into her when I was visiting my old school (i live the next town over now). I was talking to a teacher when she came in, she said "hi" to me, asked the teacher to sign something, and walked out. Then, some guy came in and told me she was waiting for me out in the halls. When I went out, she apologized for not returning my message, and its because that shes been grounded. I told her not to worry, and to call me back when shes not grounded.

One week later (today), I "accidentaly" called her phone and hung up, and she called back within an hour to see what was going on. I told her it was an 'accident' and apologized. She asked what i was up to lately, and i made it sound like i was really busy, and i asked her the same, and she said nothing really. I left the conversation at that, wished her a happy birthday (1 week away) and said goodbye.

I know that girls can't STAND it when they're guy is doing okay without them, through past experiece i know begging them or bothering them makes things worse. Should i wait for her to call, call again some other time, or give up??? Whats my next move, i really love her and want her back, but i dont want to look totally pathetic trying.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thnx!
    Last edited by hellyskiia1; 25-03-05 at 09:19 AM.

Think she's waiting for you to chase her. She called you back right after you called her? If you really want to be with her and arent sure call her up and ask if you guys can hang out sometime. Sounds like she does care for you. But when your out if you do go out don't act like it's a date. I'd give it one last shot and if she still says no move on. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dymondgirl
    Think she's waiting for you to chase her. She called you back right after you called her? If you really want to be with her and arent sure call her up and ask if you guys can hang out sometime. Sounds like she does care for you. But when your out if you do go out don't act like it's a date. I'd give it one last shot and if she still says no move on. good luck.
    Although I would have NORMALLY agreed, I disagree. Your best bet is to give it some time before you do this. If she does care for you and wants you back, then I would have to say she has to come right out and say it. She might be having second thoughts which is normal as well. How long did you guys go out for? This also has an impact on my answer. Listen, you telling her and acting like you're busy was right, because it is true that girls can't stand that you're doing ok.

It's been a few weeks and to me, that's nothing really. You still care for each other a lot and that will be the case for a while still. My suggestion is that you do the "No Contact" thing and wait until she calls. If you want to get together, then I would suggest you do it to get closure, because I tried going out with my ex after and I felt like I was "ready", but as soon as I saw her, boy did that change. I ended up "begging".

Let her care about you, but let her go as well. This is what she wants, so let her figure things out for herself. If she wants you, she will get in contact with you. Good luck

Cdoc
    "Without music, life would be a mistake" -Neitzsche

Thanks for the help, just before I checked back on the forum, I called her and asked if she wanted to hang out. I heard her mom in the backround saying "NO! your still grounded!" so she told me to give her a call next time im around. Im going back to college, and I wont be back for another 2 or 3 weeks, so Ill take your advice and not make any calls-- untill im home... i might leave her a b-day message though, its a week from now-- that might just let her know i havent totally forgotten about her, even though im "moving on". thanks for everything! (bye the way, it was a 3 month relationship... so i dont want to move TOO slow on this)