+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am a college senior. Is it worth trying be in a relationship?

stk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

I am a college senior. Is it worth trying be in a relationship?

Right now I am strongly attracted to these two junior girls and would love to be with either one. They are amazing in many ways. They are beautiful, hard-working, intellectual, clean (clean as in not promiscuous) and fun! I hang out with both girls often and feel that there's definitely some chemistry between me and the girls. The problem, though, is that I graduate within 3 months . I finally feel that I am ready to settle down, but is it worth trying to be in a relationship at this point? I've talked to many of my friends, and they always say, "Dude, you are about to graduate. What's the point? Just hook up with as many girls as possible." I am tired of random hookups. I get no satisfaction from them... Damn, I don't know what to do. If you have had similar experiences in the past, please give me some advice.

I'm not sure I get it. Will you not be able to see any of them after graduation? Unless that's the case, this is as good a time as any other.

Meaningless hookups are, well, meaningless - if you get a chance at something deeper, take it!
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

You can always get their contact information after you graduate. Unless, you are planning to leave the area and move somewhere really far after graduation.

You want to be in a relationship with them, you can be in a relationship with them, so be in a relationship. Why even bother asking. You get no satisfaction out of random hook-ups, but you think you'd get satisfaction out of a relationship with these two, so figure out which one it is and go for it. Even if it ends in 3 months, you'll have had 3 months of enjoyment.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    You want to be in a relationship with them, you can be in a relationship with them, so be in a relationship. Why even bother asking. You get no satisfaction out of random hook-ups, but you think you'd get satisfaction out of a relationship with these two, so figure out which one it is and go for it. Even if it ends in 3 months, you'll have had 3 months of enjoyment.
    3 months of enjoyment that could end potentially bad for one or the other? That doesn't seem very well thought out.

And who said anything about a relationship with them? You haven't even hooked up? How do you know one or the other wants that too?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Everything can potentially end bad for one or the other. Always trying to see things in a negative light is a poorly thought out method of avoidance. How do you know it ends badly? Maybe they split amicably, maybe their relationship leads to an engagement, maybe it becomes a FWB deal. How do you know?

Take chances in life.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

If you were dying, would you regret not acting? If yes, then figure out which one is more compatible with you for something long term and take her out on a date or two and just do what feels natural. You can handle long distance for a year if it's for the love of your life.

If you wouldn't regret not acting then don't bother.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

just go for it if you both know that eachothers school comes first then im sure you can make it work or at least give it a shot so you don’t have any regrets thats what i would do…just remember if you risk nothing you risk everything!!
    I quote others only to better express myself