+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficulty of Moving On...

Difficulty of Moving On...

I thought it would be easier to move on. I thought if I found someone to help me move on it would help me get over him a lot faster. No such luck. I love the ex but I don't want him back. But I do, but I don't. Why is this happening to me???? I'm falling in love with someone else but at the same time I can't see the ex with another girl. I know I'm being selfish. How can I move on?

I want to be with my new guy, he is everything I ever wanted. Everything I dreamt of in a man. But I am tied down to my ex with his baby, so it makes it 100% impossible to cut him outta my life. I loved him like I never loved anyone in my life. But he wasn't a man. Red flags everywhere. I wanted to marry him, but he didn't want to just yet. He wasn't ready for the life I wanted to live. Completely irresponsible. He even told me he loved me but he wasn't "in love" with me. He lost that "emotional attachment" but he wanted to work it out. He tells me this a week after I have his baby. And I made that rash decision of breaking up with him for that. He never did anything a man should've done for a woman. But I loved him anyway. I need help moving on...but what should I do???!!!
    Last edited by puppylove1; 03-03-11 at 12:58 AM.

Well, from what he says, he doesn't love you. If it is true that this new man you are with is much better, try to focus on that. Avoid the ex as much as possible...tell him that is how you want it. Contact should only be about the baby...how the baby is, when he will pick the baby up for a visit, etc.
    It is truly hard to get over someone when you have this type of attachment to them.

I agree, it will be truly hard to et over someone when you have this sort of attachment to them, just conecentrate on yourself right now, and the baby, definately not him, and prehaps not this new guy either. If this new guy is everything he is cracked up to be, he will recognise what is important to you and wait whilst giving you space, because the person you should be with should treat you like that. SO relax, get yourself and the baby good before you even think about anything else. Your ex has missed the opportunity, not you.
    x