+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Living nightmare

Living nightmare

Okay, so i live with my bf, weve been dating 5 yrs. This last year i have been wanting to end it, however, if i end it i will break his heart, he'll cry and be on suicide watch like the last time we had a short break. So my plan was to get him to break up with me. I started acting really selfish, not doing anything for him like wash his clothes or cook for him. I have been distancing myself our love life has disappeared, i never hug him or tell him i love him. I ignore him sometimes cuz it irritates him. But the idiot cant take a hint. he's still hanging on and im at the end of my tether. Also to be noted is this is my first bf therefore would be my first break up. Im not seeing anyone else and i would never cheat. How do i make this loser dump me? iv tried moving out once but money circumstances prevent this. He talks about marriage and kids and i just laugh. what the hell?! help!!

I think your post lack details eg. reason for breaking up, background info.

okay reason, i dont love him. im 10 years younger, hes a bludger relies on me to work and support him. i think not loving him is a pretty good reason.

1. What matters here is who's name is on the lease? Is it just yours? Or is his on the lease also? If it's just your name on the least you have the right to kick him out. Tell him he can pack up his things quietly, or you will call the police if he doesn't leave. Simple, right? My point: NEVER EVER put a boyfriend's name on the lease until after you get married.

2. This will hurt him no matter what. He is just sensitive and he will have to learn to deal with it, suicide watch or no.

3. Do not manipulate him to breaking up with you just because you are weak. Put your SuperGirl Panties on, be strong, and kick him out. Be civil, but firm. Set a date and time for deadlines.

4. What did you say to him when you broke up with him? You need to be direct and say "I'm sorry this isn't working out. I want to date other people. Please move out tonight by 6pm. You can get the rest of your things later."

If you want to give him 10 days to find another apartment, do so, but be firm with the deadline. Give a date AND time he has to be out, like Nov 14, 5pm.
    Last edited by bulrush; 05-11-11 at 12:25 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Wow, bitch. You think treating him like shit is going to work better than just ending it. Have you tried kicking him in the balls? maybe murder his dog or other significant loved one.

The responsible thing to do was to plan the breakup out, make sure about the suicide watch. His emotional problems and aftermath aren't your problem once you break up with him, as long as you do it in a civilized manner. Make sure the help is there for him before you leave, then leave.

Stop being such a f*cking child, you're just emotionally abusing him because you don't have the spine to do what you need to do.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't degrade yourself by becoming an ugly person in hopes he will do what you lack the backbone to do yourself. Just break up with him, and let him play out his suicide threats. He's only using them to manipulate you anyway, and even if he DOES kill himself, you are not responsible for his actions.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?