+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What were your Issues while you were in the previous relationship?

What were your Issues while you were in the previous relationship?

I saw there was a topic to raise your Ex's issues. But seem there was not the one to admit your issues and faults? So, what were they? So that we can be better in the next relationship and maybe it will last to a Flower Gate hehehe.

Know when to bail before you make a fool of yourself.

There were no issues.. my ex just was mentally unstable... I am who I am and either love it or hate it...

My relationship issue occurred in a large part because he was my first love. My issue was I was so ready to fall in love that I treated myself with disrespect to get it. I ignored all the red flags that indicate he's a terrible bf to me, just so I could be in love. I think next time I am going to wait for him to earn that love, instead of throwing it at him. Why would I expect him to respect me if I was disrespecting myself by being ok with the way he treated me? I think I have learnt it's ok to say what you want, and put your foot down and be ready to walk away if things aren't changing. So my issue was loving too much...lol!

At the start of my most recent relationship, I was struggling with anger and trust issues, because my previous ex stole from me repeatedly. She had two kids and a meth addiction to support, and sometimes she stole from me instead of just asking for help. The rest of the time, she was really nice and we got along great. I should have ended that relationship after the first theft, but we kept getting back together for years.

So my last relationship started less than a year after I broke up with the addict. Even though the new woman seemed like a decent person, I was vigilant for any sign of potential betrayal. And when she did start acting suspiciously after five months, I was very alert. One night, I was completely certain that she was cheating on me. She was living with me at the time, but was out all night, and I discovered that she had an ad on a lesbian dating site. When she got home at 5:00 AM, we had a huge argument and I called her the c-word. She persuaded me to drive her to a nearby hospital waiting room, where several of her friends were hanging out, looking exhausted. Turns out that one of her friends ended up in the hospital that night, and they (including my girlfriend) were all keeping a vigil.

So she got me to take an anger management class, and that was a very positive experience that improved my life ever since. And I decided to fight my instincts and just trust her, no matter what. In hindsight, I believe that she was cheating on me, and I just picked the wrong night to accuse her. About 15 months later, she left me for another guy without actually breaking up with me. Our communication dropped to nearly zero and she always had excuses for why she wasn't available to go out or hang out. Less than a year later, she realized that he was a control freak and she left him to come back to me. No, I didn't know what happened at the time. That's another story for another time.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Humm! Anger and trust issue. She had cheated on two of her past boyfriends; she also had two boyfriends. Well I had never been in that kind of situation, so everything went up side down for me. I truly believed with me she was a new person, but her past kind of haunted me. I'm still working on my anger problem and it's going pretty good.

For me it was anxiety, I can't even remember why because it did eventually go away, but I do remember being overly anxious about a ton of small mean-nothing issues early on.

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    what kind of relationship?

Romantic? Problem/Issue: I ended up with a rebounder, hurts at first but I got over it. and I am "immune" to getting hurt. I believe it so. And believe it or not I like Rebounders...I let them use me for a while/i served her my purpose and she served her purpose, when its time for her to go... I can easily let her go, in my head i just say "NEXT!" (My purpose is to Help her go through the pain. Her purpose is sexual intercourse but it does not always happen. I like the dating companionship thing though )

Friend with sexual benefit but not boyfriend/girlfriend? Problem/Issue: We cheated on each other. we got back together. She still thinks I am her boyfriend. I think she is a friendly girl whom i have sex with.

Spouse? (Cant answer this since not divorced nor married yet BUT I AM not afraid to get married or not afraid of living alone)
    Last edited by NytNrs&Mmartist; 25-04-11 at 02:23 PM.

Biggest flaw was threaten about breaking up,My other flaws? Comment on his best mate before I met him? Called him bastard when we fought which he never did to me, telling to him so much about my private's family stuff, hot and short temper, dig to stuff- yea I was really free, he said I was jealous that he went out n I didn't- maybe I did too, but can't deny the fact that I don't like him go out late, or anyone who is my partner. I should of looked for a job right after graduated instead of waiting around for him, pressure him on stuff, fighting to fish for attention, ... I don't remember if there r more, and I'm just tired. Had talked stuff to hurt him- he hurted me too. Became Clingy when I was doing nothing at home, needy about marry, yea? Also, I tell him stuff I think when I was hurt a lot, I was so straight n honest. And, I didn't trust him enough, which was not naturally there but he caused it.

And the most stupid thing was, I didn't think of the fact that he just got out of a divorce and I never knew about rebound and stuff n I'm wondering if I was his rebound, naive rebound. Maybe that's why he was never into married conversations or having kids conversation, I wished that I was not so Naive.

Quote Originally Posted by NytNrs&Mmartist View Post
    what kind of relationship?

Romantic? Problem/Issue: I ended up with a rebounder, hurts at first but I got over it. and I am "immune" to getting hurt. I believe it so. And believe it or not I like Rebounders...I let them use me for a while/i served her my purpose and she served her purpose, when its time for her to go... I can easily let her go, in my head i just say "NEXT!" (My purpose is to Help her go through the pain. Her purpose is sexual intercourse but it does not always happen. I like the dating companionship thing though )

Friend with sexual benefit but not boyfriend/girlfriend? Problem/Issue: We cheated on each other. we got back together. She still thinks I am her boyfriend. I think she is a friendly girl whom i have sex with.

Spouse? (Cant answer this since not divorced nor married yet BUT I AM not afraid to get married or not afraid of living alone)
    Sorry but I'm not welcoming you to come to my threads and Spam. This is for people who know what Love is, not some Players.