+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self-Esteem

King Zarathu Guest

Self-Esteem

post all of the ways you can think of to raise your self-esteem

Mainly directed to Kids...

...I'll try find something that is more adult related.

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    post all of the ways you can think of to raise your self-esteem

Boosting Your Self-Esteem
    Of course it's OK to have ups and downs in your feelings, but having low self-esteem isn't OK. Feeling like you're not important can make you sad and can keep you from trying new things. It can keep you from making friends or hurt how you do at school. Having strong self-esteem is also a very big part of growing up. As you get older and face tough decisions - especially under peer pressure - the more self-esteem you have, the better. It's important to know you're worth a lot.

If you think you might have low self-esteem, try talking to an adult you trust about it. He or she may be able to help you come up with some good ideas for building your self-esteem.

In the meantime, here are a few things that you can try to increase your self-esteem:

Make a list of the stuff you're good at. It can be anything from drawing or singing to playing a sport or telling a good joke. If you're having trouble with your list, ask your mom or dad to help you with it. Then add a few things to the list that you'd like to be good at. Your mom or dad can help you plan a way to work on those skills or talents.
    Give yourself three compliments every day. Don't just say, "I'm so great." Be specific about something good about yourself, like, "I was a good friend to Jill today" or "I did better on that test than I thought I would." While you're at it, before you go to bed every night, list three things in your day that really made you happy.
    Remember that your body is your own, no matter what shape, size, or color it is. If you are worried about your weight or size, you can check with your doctor to make sure that things are OK. Remind yourself of things about your body that are cool, like, "My legs are strong and I can skate really well."
    Remember that there are things about yourself you can't change. You should accept and love these things - such as skin color and shoe size - because they are part of you.
    When you hear negative comments in your head, tell yourself to stop. When you do this, you take the power away from the voice inside that discourages you.

By focusing on the good things you do and all your great qualities, you learn to love and accept yourself - the main ingredients for strong self-esteem! Even if you've got room for improvement (and who doesn't?), realizing that you're valuable and important helps your self-esteem to shine.

from, [url]http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/emotion/self_esteem.html[/url]

Here's a VERY good website:

[url]http://www.utexas.edu/student/cmhc/booklets/selfesteem/selfest.html[/url]

Do small things for people such as holding open doors for others and smiling when you walk past people you know. People will most likely feel happy even for a small moment. That will make you feel appreciated.

Think about what your hobbies are and how you can share them with others. By doing things you like with others, you will feel like you're doing something good.

Treat yourself occassionally. Get yourself your favorite icecream once in a while. Go shopping for things you like. It's good to reward yourself every so often.

Not do weed.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

lilwing89 Guest
    look for things that make you laugh

spank the monkey

work out

play videogames and win

fix something

be nice to others

sl;ajr;ldsaf;lasd;flasjd;lfkas sand whatever else.

Make more money.
    Grow a bigger penis.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

try to feel comfortable in your skin ... and if girls check you out its because your doing good (i guess) ... either that or your difformed or have a huge pimple .

workout ALOT ... after a while you will notice a considerable amount of looks torwards you , this will automatically boost your esteem .

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think self esteem is earned by setting realistic goals and attaining them, in other words, you EARN it.

Those of you who want to blame you momma because you don't like yourself can stop it now. Take some responsibility for your own feelings. People who are truly productive rarely hate themselves, in my observation.
    :-)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm sick of having no self esteem, I hate it when men look at me, I don't know where to look and get embarressed. :[ Has anyone hated the way they look to the point of misery ? That's how I feel. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    I'm sick of having no self esteem, I hate it when men look at me, I don't know where to look and get embarressed. :[ Has anyone hated the way they look to the point of misery ? That's how I feel. :[

Honey, nobody should feel like that. It is natural to be embarassed when someone tries to make contact. Try to force yourself to respond to it, perhaps that'll make you feel better and more appreciated.
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Thanx, I just wish I had confidence like my friends have. Everyone thinks I'm out-going, The only time I feel really confident is after a few beers. I'm just sick of everything really, sorry about my whining lol.

well, confidence isn't all that either. Most of those who radiate confidence only do so because they are doing their damn best to hide their insecurities. I think it's better to confront your demons and try to come to terms with them than trying to be confident when actually you are not. Will make your whole life way more balanced. So now the question is, who/what are your demons?

That is so true. I act all confident in real life, never a dull moment kind of thing, not a quiet type of person. One thing that annoies me is when I have a quiet moment my friends are "Hannah why are you so quiet?" Because I wanna be, it's like I have to perform for them or somthing. But deep inside I'm so un-confident it's untrue, my only demons are drinking too much and thinking too much.

well, the thinking too much pretty much explains the lack of confidence. Real confidence is fed by emotions, like feeling good about how you look, the way you stand in life, etc. When you think too much you try to explain and find arguments to give your feelings a foundation. Funny thing is emotions can't be explained with rational thinking most of the time, which makes us thinkers declare most of our emotions based on false presumptions. And tada, there goes our self confidence. Only thing I can say is try not to depend too much on the thinking part, give your emotions some space, and perhaps you'll start to feel better with who you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast