+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating someone too similar to yourself

Dating someone too similar to yourself

My boyfriend and I are extremely similar, we like the same music, we have similar values, similar facial expressions. We feel almost like the same person. We have only been dating for about a month, (I have only known him for 3 months) but already I am kind of freaked out by how much we are alike.

I feel so comfortable around him like I can be myself and he acts like himself too, but at the same time I feel like we have figured each other out already and there are not really anymore surprises left. He is head over heels, completely smitten with me, and I like him a lot, but also something about him feels so familiar, that I feel like I am dating myself. I don't want to give up something this special but it weirds me out!

what do you want? a person that excites you at every turn or someone predictable that understands you?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Sounds like you found your soul mate Congratulations

If you don't like it though, maybe you could get more in touch with your feminine side and encourage him to get more in touch with his masculine side - that way, i'm sure you will find things that you love that he doesn't and vice versa.
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

I know a guy who i think is me but in a male version, i have known him for round 6 years and we had 2 flings about 4 years ago and i STILL think about him. The first time i saw him i was almost obsessed and wanted him to badly that i bascially put myself on a plate and ended up being rejected. To this day i still long for him and think we are ment to be together but we possibly arent. If we did end up together it might not even work but maybe on day i will find out... if its ment to be.
    I believe in soul mates...but i dont think there is ONE person out there for ONE person,if so why do people end up with people in the same town as them...why not someone half way around the world?
    Anyway, i wouldnt let it freak you out...enjoy it

We have only been dating for about a month, (I have only known him for 3 months)
    u're taking it too seriously already, ur meant to be having more fun right now, stop worrying about how long it'll last.

Quote Originally Posted by mspandaroo View Post
    My boyfriend and I are extremely similar, we like the same music, we have similar values, similar facial expressions. We feel almost like the same person. We have only been dating for about a month, (I have only known him for 3 months) but already I am kind of freaked out by how much we are alike.

I feel so comfortable around him like I can be myself and he acts like himself too, but at the same time I feel like we have figured each other out already and there are not really anymore surprises left. He is head over heels, completely smitten with me, and I like him a lot, but also something about him feels so familiar, that I feel like I am dating myself. I don't want to give up something this special but it weirds me out!
    So, which person are you, sharer/giver or taker? From your rant, I get the expression you are a taker, wanting to get new experiences through your boyfriend. But he is the same as you, so you can't get any. But you forgot that maybe the similarities themselves are a new experience. You can go to the best parties together, have loads of sex with best music, enjoy it while you can.
    Don't expect anything.