+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My gf tell me that I don't understand me, what should I do?

My gf tell me that I don't understand me, what should I do?

Hi,
    So we argue a little bit about simple thing. We argue about I'm the one who always pay whenever we eat together.
    She asked me if I feel bother always the one who paid the bills.
    I said, it's not like that. I don't feel bother.
    It's about me need to save money for the future, like married, business, and stuff. So, I need her to pay the bill sometimes when she get a job (she still looking for a job).
    I know unwritten rules about men who should always pay the bill but I don't think that's fair. Of course men should pay more, but women should pay to sometimes.

She said that I speak like I don't know her, that my words doesn't make her understand, but instead make her think..

Is she being a drama queen ? Of course men can't ever understand women, I'm just being reasonable to her.

What should I do, should I ignore this problem and go on?
    Or try to understand her more? Or she's the one who should understand me more?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

If you don't want to pay for things, then...just don't? If you're spending too much, that's all on you. You have to be able to manage your money, so that means you don't go out to eat if you can't afford it. Period.

Is she demanding that you take her out all the time and pay for her? If so, that's a different problem.

We live in an age of sexual equality. Women should pay their share. My GF always pays her share.

I agree with Boisdevie and MerryH. To begin with a gentleman will pay the bill because we are gentlemen right? However a woman makes as much as you do anymore and you need to look towards the future yourself. Over time things like that should cease but with her being without a job you will probably need to find other things to do. There are plenty of things you can do that are romantic and are totally free! Take her for a walk, go to a museum, something! It depends on your mutual interests so get creative.

Just because she doesn't have a job doesn't mean she is undatable. Give her a little time, see where things go. See if she just likes the fact that you spend money on her.

Best of wishes! ~Brian~

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's being a pissy little drama queen who thinks she should be treated like a queen. Guess what she ain't the queen.

We live in an age of sexual equality. Women should pay their share. My GF always pays her share.
    Thisx1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dreams View Post
    Thisx1000.
    Wait, huh? Didn't you say it was fair to have a double standard about women who sleep around are sluts and men are studs? That is tradition and we should just understand it comes from the way we are wired? Well, the man paying comes from that same wiring...men are the hunters and providers and women look to men to care for them and provide food.

Personally, I think the whole shebang is outdated. I look at myself as an equal. If a guy is willing to treat me as equal and respect me as his peer, of course it is only fair that I should share in the expenses of our entertainment. But, of course, he will need to use the same code to judge my past dating behavior as he uses to judge his own . It's only fair.

Similarly, I would have no problem with a guy who wanted his women chaste and innocent, as long as he was prepared to pay all the time and protect her and all that jazz. I wouldn't date him, but I would respect his views as internally consistent.