+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Proof Read L Letter

Proof Read L Letter

Hey Guys,

Wondering if someone could proof read a love letter im about to send, need spelling and grammer checked. If you have the time could you please post an email address where i can forward the Word document to.

Thanks Guys

Just post it on here.

I have lain awake many sleepless nights trying to compose words that might adequately describe my feelings and emotions but every time I have made the attempt, I have failed miserably. Forgive my poor effort and accept simpler and to the point phrase: I love you. I think I can say it no better than that.

This letter is not to try to change your views or emotions it is simply to express myself and say everything i have wanted to say, so bare with me as this letter may be long and dry but i feel it is something i have wanted to do for sometime now. Standing next to you while listening to Armin Van Buuren, words cannot discribe how magnificent i felt but at the same time words can not describe how much i wanted to tell you how i truly felt.

June 9th 2009 07:15PM: To say i was confident and unfaised on this day would be a lie. For once in my life i had sent an email actually expressing my true feelings. Now I have done a few things that would cause an adrenaline rush, for example going in a Tiger Moth aircraft. It maybe childs play for some but going in a plane at 20,000 feet where the wings are made from frabric and having no roof really pushes the "Fight Or Flight" reaction, but still the adrenaline i was experiencing that day wasn't even remotly close to the adrenaline i had screaming through my vains at 7:15PM on June 9th. It was so much so that i did both Fight and Flight, i sent the email which was the fight and i left work almost immediatly which was the Flight. Looking back at that day all I can do is smile and be greatful of my courage. Telling you my true feelings on that day lead to some of the greatest moments of my life. Moments i will never forget, emotions that will never leave me and also tears i thought i never would shed. That day i was not confident or unfaised because i didn't know what reaction i may recieve. Today i stand confident and unfaised because for today I'm not looking for a reaction, today I'm purly and simply expressing myself in the best possible way - My Words.

As of late i keep thinking how bad 2009 has been and how things have changed for the worst but now as i sit here at 4:59AM i realise that this year has held some of the happiest moments of my life. Moments that i wouldn't change to save the world. This year has changed me. Listening to every story you have expressed to me and by seeing first hand the destruction of ones words and actions i have learnt to never talk down to anybody i love. Never will i threatin, intimdate, neglet, phsyicaly or mentaly abuse the person that i can directly look at eye to eye and say the 3 most challanging words to say in life - "I Love You". With the stories you have expressed and your kind touch you have changed me for the better and all i can say in response is Thank You.

Ask someone that is close to you the rhetorical question "Who made you a better person" and see if you get a response. Most people are unable to remember the person(s) that changed ones life for the better, but if anyone ever turns to me and simply asks the rhetorical question about who made me to be the better person that i am today i will always and simply respond with two names; William Stewart Crook and Kimberley Marie Randall. The only reason why that question is rhetorical is because there are few that can remember the names of the people that made them who they are.

Most say that lessions are learn't from expierence but i shake my head and think, Lessions are gatherd not only through expierence but also through others expierences. You have had moments in your life that i wouldn't even condem upon Hitler or James Hardie himself and these are 2 of the most evil people this world has ever seen. Even with all the events that have occurd in your life which would send most people to a warm bath and a cold razor you still were able to come into my life and change me, change me into becoming a better person. Not only did you open my eyes to the true and raw emotion which doesn't come from the brain like most emotions do but more so from the heart,You have given me a sense of direction, lifestyle, personal hygiene (shower washing routine) but the most important thing you have given me in the time i have known you is to always be understanding. Being understanding is the true gateway of showing ones love. You have given me 3 gifts; Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.

When I say, "I love you," it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do and how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity why i love you. You are the person that took the time to get to see my kindness and strength, the best and the worst of me, the person that i am. Even through all the suffering you have been put through you still took the time and the effort to truly learn who i was and love me for the person i am, This is why i can sit directly infront of you and look you in the eyes and simply say I Love You.

August 28th 2009; Awoken by the bright light of the sun the only emotion i could use to express myself was a sigh. As i rolled over i find the most beautiful girl to ever enter my life which brings new light upon the day. As i lay there watching you sleep it hit me, today is the day, today is the day we both have been looking forward to for so long. Today is the day of our adventure. The amount of excitment that hit me would match that of a child that is about to walk through the gates of Disney Land. We once spoke about having had moments in our life where we were truly happy, Friday August 28th was one of those moments for me. In the absence of work, routine, stress and worry I found something that i always use to think about, something i wondered if i would ever find and expierence - Euphoria. Not only did i get to stand proud and strong minded next to you i got to see some of the most amazing animals this world has to offer and get to take photo's that will never ever leave me. Taking you to dinner at a height of 1,001 feet was magical. As i looked over the thousands of lights that flicker and sparkle that light up Sydney and beyond the only word i can use to explain my emotions at that time is Bliss. Looking at all those lights i realised how many people you and I live around yet out of all the people out there i was the happiest one of them all, little did the people out there know i was looking down on them with a smile. You are the reason for that smile and for that i thank you.

Quite often i lay awake and imagine me being in the position that others before me were in. To have the oppurtinity to get down on one knee and take your hand im marriage, there would be no hesitation, no second thoughts. Others missed the best girl that will ever come into there life, and so did I. Often i wonder who will stand next to you on the day of your marriage whenever it may be, I imagine looking upon this person with jealoursy and envy but also looking at the person to be the real man, the men amoungst children. You recently said to me that i gave you hope, hope that a girl like you can find an afficationate guy, you don't need to hope. I promise you that if you tread carefully and get to know each person like you got to know me you will find your prince charming. You have also given me hope that maybe one day i can find someone who will make me feel the same emotions you have made me feel. I will never find another person that will make me feel as complete as you made me feel, the reason i fought so hard for you is because you are unique, you made me complete.

I have sent this as a letter for a few reasons. I feel as though if i am unable to hold your hand and look upon you and say everything i have just expressed than this is the next best option. I feel that hopefully you will be able to keep this letter treasured and in reference to the love that will never leave me. I have sent this as a letter because whenever you feel down, depressed or if someone has spoken to you poorly you can just open this letter and read everything i have just expressed. This letter is proof that you have many purposes in life, that you are unique and loved. I hope that this letter finds its way to your friends and family when you pass away many years from now and they see that you truly are a magical person. If any eyes other then Kimberleys finds there eyes reading these words know that she has changed me into being a better person, know that she is truly loved.

We have moved far apart and now i am noticing the things i miss most about not having you in my life. The one thing i miss most about you not being here is me being unable to watch you fall asleep and having the oppurtunity to kiss your forhead and run my fingers through your hair, that is what i miss most. Regardless of how far we drift apart understand you will always have a home here. Not only do you have a home in my life but also my heart. Travel well and stand proud Kimberley as no matter how bad things can get, you will always have a purpose in my life.

Forever yours,

Shaun.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ah, amore.....

If you handwrite what you have written, the essence of what you are trying to say will come out. Beyond that, I'm reluctant to edit anything like this (as will others) b/c ultimately these words are yours and noone elses.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I sent something like this one time to a girl. I got a big F you in return.

Armin Van Buuren is by far one of the worst DJs ever. His State of Trance is so fuking annoying.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 01-12-09 at 03:16 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I agree with Indi. There are a few grammar errors but they are fine and they don't really take away from the pathos of your writing. I think you should put it to paper.

it's lovely to see people in love and picturing how their emotion fade away over the time at the same time.

Call me cold blood, call me dead inside but your emotion does fade

Today you call her the love of your life, tomorrow, another love comes your way and all you can see is the new love.

It also raises the question why are we in love if we know it would fade. It's like fighting a losing battle. Some people think it worths it to be in love for a moment. I myself think if something is going to end, better end it sooner.
    Last edited by valhensing; 01-12-09 at 05:15 PM.
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by valhensing View Post
    it's lovely to see people in love and picturing how their emotion fade away over the time at the same time.

Call me cold blood, call me dead inside but your emotion does fade

Today you call her the love of your life, tomorrow, another love comes your way and all you can see is the new love.

It also raises the question why are we in love if we know it would fade. It's like fighting a losing battle. Some people think it worths it to be in love for a moment. I myself think if something is going to end, better end it sooner.
    At the risk of sounding competitive, I believe I'm more dead inside than you are. I don't think I'm as cynical though.

When you fall into the early stages of romantic love, dopamine gets sprayed into areas of your brain whenever you think about or see the person which makes us crave the other person even more. And of course, what we cannot get we crave even more. But prolonged exposure to the same stimulus gets boring after a while unless the other person somehow manages to keep things novel every time. Hopefully, this is where oxytocin kicks in.

Oxytocin is the chemical responsible for attachment; And I'm pretty sure I'm putting you to sleep so I'm gonna stop talking.

What I'm trying to say is, romantic love is not an emotion at all but an urge or drive very similar to a cocaine addiction. When you really want someone or are in love with them, it's not too different from when you want and love chocolate or cocaine. It's just that the desire associated with love is much much stronger.

We totally just hijacked this guy's thread

I <3 oxytocin.