+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seeing this guy whose complicated, HELP!

Seeing this guy whose complicated, HELP!

I met this guy in mid-July this year through a mutual friend. From day one we have been in constant communication. For our first meeting we went to the beach and talked for hours. He told me that his ex hurt him badly and that its hard for him to be in other relationships because of all the past drama. His ex stole his car, lied to him, mistreated him, etc... and now he is very guarded. To make a long story short, we see each other twice a week. When we arent together he'll check in to say "hey, how are you?"
    Recently, he has told our mutual friend's husband that him and I are "Talking" (what does "talking" mean?) and then he told two of his co-workers all about me, what I do, where I go to grad school, etc. Tonight him and I hung out. We watched movies and we were very touchy feely as always! So I decided to ask him, "do you like me?" He said, "Oh No! Questions, I dont like questions!!!!" This statement hurt my feelings, I then went on to say that I was a little mad that he didnt answer the question. In addition, I also asked him was he going to answer and he said "maybe!" After some time past, he began to touch on me...I guess that was his way of distracting me. Anywho, I finally told him I wasnt going to ask him anymore questions, he says "You promise? If you dont ask questions will get along fine." I said, "I never ask you questions," and he said, "your right!" My question is what should I do? He's VERY VERY VERY complex. I've never liked someone who doesnt express their feelings and its quite difficult to say the least. I thought if I showed him that he could trust me through my actions then he would let his guard down. Does he like me? Does he not? Dude, is a mystery! Sometimes I feel like Im waisting my time...but he makes me smile when Im around him. What do you suggest? I think he is a good guy, who was hurt by a bad woman... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

The guy has told you that he was hurt by his ex, that he isn't ready for another relationship. He's made it clear and where you stand.

So why do you try to push him for talks that include him having to talk about his feelings in regard to you? Because let's face it, you know and I know, that you are asking this type of question and because you want to get closer to him and because you are feeling more for him and you are looking and hoping for this to become a relationship. He isn't stupid and he knows why you are asking this type of question, which is why he is avoiding answering it...and why he will avoid any further questions that involve 'feelings' talks.

Pushing someone to talk about feelings and getting all pissed off when they don't give up answers, is the worst thing you can do. If you keep on pushing and for something that this man can't give you and that he let you know he can't give you at this moment.....he's gonna run and disappear.

If you are looking for a relationship, go find a guy who is emotionally available, rather than try to push a guy for a relationship who is NOT emotionally available.

Oh and the best thing you can do is SLOW down...enjoy each others company and let things progress naturally.

Why want to rush? If it's gonna happen it will happen and in it's own time.

Patience is a virtue.