+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated, please help!

krc is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Complicated, please help!

Hello,

Looking for a little advice here. I have had this friend, i have known her since the 6th grade, we were always friends and in the same friend group but were never really great friends growing up. My point is that we never really entered the "friend zone". After college, we both moved to NYC, along with a few of our friends from our hometown. We began hanging out A LOT, and started to hook up and date. We have a truly amazing connection, but at the time she was still kind of involved with her ex, so we never look it to the next level. That was more than 2 years ago, and since then both of us had serious relationships that ended this month so we both are now single again. We have begun hanging out again, and its great. We have an amazing connection and can talk for hours and hours and i know we are both attracted to each other.

A couple nights ago, we were hanging out on the couch late night and i made a move to kiss her, but she wouldnt kiss me back. She said basically "we cant, this is complicated" with both of us coming out of serious relationships and being in the same friend group. I agree with her, the timing is a little complex. However, i know we both have very strong feelings for one another and when we are alone together its not complicated at all, we have a great, great time and the "more than friends" vibes are there.

My questions are: How do I get her to the next level? My inclination is to go slowly, however she is the type that likes persistence and since we have such a great time together i certainly want to continue to let her know im interested and dont want her to start dating someone else. How would other woman feel in this situation? I realize being friends and having the same friend group can complicate things if it turns out poorly, but I really think its worth a shot since we have the real deal.

Help! Thanks in advance for any responses.

I feel bad for you being in the same position as I am. I love a guy who I wished would make his feelings known more to me. All I can tell you is that, for me, I love it when a man listens to what I have to say. Like I've told someone else, listening is not the same as hearing. If she has the right type of feelings for you, you'll know it. She'll want to talk with you and be with you. I know I love just hearing my guy's voice. And he knows it! Just check with her once in awhile to see if she's OK. I know I love that. If by chance she doesn't have the same feelings now, her knowing you care about her safety and security could change that. Girls need both physical and emotional security. Trust me. If she's anything like me, she' realize what type of guy you are by your caring sooner than you think! Good luck!