+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she losing interest or am I over thinking things?

Is she losing interest or am I over thinking things?

So, I've been casually dating this girl for three weeks now. We have gone out once or twice a week and slept at each other’s places, and slept with each other, multiple times over the last two weeks. Initially she was pretty active texting unless she was busy. This past weekend was great. Stayed over at her place Friday and Saturday and left Sunday. However, she has been flaky with texting since Monday. Very little initiation, long response times, etc. I know she's busy at work and is easily distracted/not prone to texting when she's doing something else. Unexpectedly, she asked me to come over over last night. I didn't get there till super late, she was already in bed, I was exhausted, so all we did was sleep and she said she'd see me this weekend when we got up this AM.

Not much communication through the day today other than her saying she cooked something for me to eat this weekend and some light banter. Maybe seven or eight messages on my part starting in the late afternoon and five or six replies on her part with no reply to the last message.

I can say that most of the texts I have been sending this week haven't been so much questions as in statements about things, happenings, or what I'm up to. She wasn't the most prolific texter prior to this week either but she was more active with asking me questions, telling me what she was up to, etc.

It is strange that she'd be relatively active in our text conversations, we have an amazing weekend, and then she gets flaky. Is there a possibility that I am boring her? Should I not look this much into it? Maybe she just isn't that much into texting but reciprocated early on just to keep my interest?
    Last edited by dudefromtheeast; 19-07-13 at 02:06 PM.

You've been drilling her for two weeks, and she has food already made for you for this weekend. Damn dude, stop worrying about texts and stay busy owning that pu**y and enjoying the food ! You're WAAAAAAY over reacting and reading things into b/s texting through the week.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Maybe you should kool it with the texting.....over doing it takes the challenge out of the chase and it may have made her push back a bit. Make her miss you, make her earn your attention.

Mate, texting her while she's busy at work is not cool. Just chill and learn to cope without constant contact - and learn to respect the fact that work is more important than texting with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Id say she is getting comfortable with you. After awhile you run out of things to talk about and texting can get boring. There is nothing wrong with staying in touch everyday but you dont need to make small talk through 20 texts.

Just relax and go with the flow. She seems interested. She is looking forward to seeing you this weekend and cooking you a meal so enjoy
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".