+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she Losing Interest?

Is she Losing Interest?

2 weeks ago I met this girl again (HB7.5, she was my lab partner 2 years ago). She seemed interested in me and told me that she almost didn't recognize me as I'd had fixed up my look from 2 years ago. She also told me to call her for lunch which i did a few days later. In those few days, she commented on my facebook that she likes my look now (cuz i asked her if i look sexier with long hair or short hair ).

We had lunch for an hour, pretty much talking about school, research and etc... It was an OK conversation. We kept eye contact, and there was no awkward silence moment.

I decided to wait about a week (tomorrow) before asking her to go for some coffee. There was no contact during this time, i wanted to give it some time so it seems like i'm a busy person.

I saw her again today at the library and asked if she wanted to get lunch. She said she has a meeting and can't make it, but didn't arrange another time.

Later, i checked my facebook and she had removed the comment about liking my look (i don't know when)

so, im thinking shes losing interest. What do you guys think? What did i do wrong? and is there anyway to get her interest back? I will give her a call later this week for lunch or coffee. If it doens't work out then ill move on...

theres too little to go on right now. i'm thinking that...maybe...she never had any interest in you as more than a friend/aquaintance to begin with...and maybe you threw her some non-friend vibes so she quickly removed the comment on facebook. or maybe she did have some tiny amount of interest...but the lack of great conversation during your lunch together and/or the week+ that you waited to talk to her again might have put her off.

give it a few days and try giving her a call and inviting her out...but i think you've got a struggle ahead of you to win this girl...
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Don't let things bother you. Wait a half week to a week and ask her again. If she says no, forget about it.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Thanks for the input.

I'm planning on emailing her and ask her to lunch. how does this sound?
    -----------
    Jxxxx

I finally had a chance to drop by student service earlier to ask them about UROP. I've been so busy this week with all the projects and midterms. They said that I need to find a mentor for my research in order to get funding. I need to pick your brain some more on this =). How about lunch this friday @11 at xxxx? Let me know. Thanks.

kxxx
    --------------
    Talking about research is just an excuse... I'm planning on escalating the conversation into a more interesting topic.

Do you like this girl because you like her, or just because she complimented you?

she's very cute and i'm attracted to her.

you should have called 2-3 days later.. a week is too long.. if you feel an interest you cant wait too long. 2-3 days DEFINITLY doesnt make you look desperate.

instead of worrying about whats shes thinking. i've decided to stop doing that(or atleast try to). Its seems stupid and insecure. I sent her the email anyway and this is the response i got.

Hi xxxx!
    So your interested in UROP huh? Great! More questions about it just ask and
    I will do my best to fill you in on the details. About lunch this Fri.....I
    cant' I have Bio lab until 11:50. After that I have physics until 1. Then I
    might have to go pay a visit to my old employer because it is her birthday.
    If anything does come up I will call you on Friday okay? If you need
    anything just call me. I have to study some mcat material before bed. G'nite
    and I will talk to you later =)

xxxxx

P.S. Youre right..... BC cavern food isn't the best. M fav place to eat is
    Seafood Cove. Have you eaten there before?