+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't get this guy out of my head but I don't even know him...

I can't get this guy out of my head but I don't even know him...

I'm at university and for all of my classes i'm in a rather big auditorium with about 400 other students, so it's definitely not the case that everyone knows each other.
    Two weeks ago we were divided in smaller groups of around 50 people because the school had invited the CEO of a bank to give a lecture. After that we had to discuss some questions in small groups. (For the first question you had to talk to e.g. group A, then after 10 minutes for the next question move on to group B and so on.) At one point, after I switched groups a couple of times, I was put in a group where, among others of course, there was this one guy. I don't know what it was but there was just something about him. When I was talking he was just constantly staring into my eyes and when he was speaking, I noticed he was looking in my direction most of the time as well. It did make me feel a little uncomfortable (because this wasn't just looking at someone like most people do when someone is talking but really staring), but at the same time i was a little intrigued by it. I had seen this guy before, but he was definitely not one of those people who I noticed in every class every day.
    From that moment on, however, I did start to notice him in every single class. He and his group of friends were always sitting a few rows in front or a few rows behind me and my group of friends. Also, I walked passed him a few times in the hallway on my way to the auditorium and if that happens he always looks into my eyes. (I know that doesn't mean anything, I guess it's pretty normal exchange looks with some people if you walk passed them in the hallway right?) The day after I "met" him during the discussion, I passed him in the hallway for the first time and I heard a friend of his (who was also in the same group where I "met" him during the discussion) say to him, "Was that that girl?". And for a short second I was sure it was about me, but then again, there were a lot of people walking in that hallway so I guess it could have been about anyone.
    Anyway for the past weeks I've been constantly thinking about this guy and I don't even know him. It really bothers me because in the past two years it has happened to me a lot that I start to feel something about someone without really knowing them well. And it's not something that just passes in a few days. I know it's so incredibly "stupid" and naive but I just can't help it.
    A few days ago I was typing out a report about that discussion in which you had to list the numbers of the people you had talked to in the discussion. Everyone was given a certain number and the list, which matched numbers to names, was on the internet. So since I wrote his number down I decided to check out what his name was. Once I found that I decided to look him up on facebook. And now I don't know what to do. Should I add him? A part of me really wants to but I'm afraid he might not even know who I am. And I certainly don't want it to be awkward when I see him in school and he then realises it was me who added him.(Now we have easter holiday so there aren't any classes for two weeks), and I certainly don't want him and his friends to make fun of me. This may sound a little childish, thinking that 20 year olds would make fun of someone for that, but let's face it people can really act like that. And what's next, even if I add him on Facebook, what does that give me? Nothing really, because I know I will be to afraid to start a conversation on there.
    So now my question to you guys is, what would you do? What should I do? I really want to get to know him but I'm so terribly shy and most of all I'm always afraid of what people might think...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This sounds like chemistry to me, and I think it's likely his friend was talking about you.

I don't think you should add him to Facebook. I think the next time you catch each other's eye, you should smile and say "hi, how are you?". Give him a reason to speak to you
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?