+ Follow This Topic

Thread: unexpected child

unexpected child

Guys, from your point of view, is it normal, that a man, who conceived a child (knowing, it was very possible for it to happen), than for nondescribed reasond reasons breaking up with the girl before he learned she was pregnant, is now not interested at all in his child? What happend in the nine months is not even worth mentioning. But: is it normal, that there is your child walking on this planet somewhere, and he just does not care? He says he made mistakes, but cannot live with the past everyday of his life? (and the girl and the baby can????) And says one day he might repent? What do you think? Thanks

I think if he's not paying child support then you should go to court to get his wages garnered. As for him caring about his child. Lots of people don't care about their offspring or the person they had sex with to create them with. Sex is sex and has nothing to do with love to them and they are quite capable of compartmetalizing the two things so that when things like this happen they can easily walk away. That doesn't mean that they should be walking away from their financial responsibility. If he doesn't want to have any responsibility then he should get himself snipped.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

if your asking if you should be interested in this guy it doesnt sound so good does it, if your the mother of the child you'd have to decide if the hassel or getting support from the father is worth it, or if you'd be able to give the child a better life shielded from the waste of a life father.

not sure what your really asking but either way it sounds best to have no contact with this man.

I am not the mother. He is someone I used to go out with. And I cannot get the logic of not being interested in your own child. He does not pay anything, there was no court, she could not live further from him. He was pretending to be interested part of the pregnancy, but then she found out, it was not genuine and broke contacts with him. I just cannot get the logic. I thought he should be at least sorry, or interested in whether his child has enough to eat....

Is this friend of yours on welfare or is she capable financially through her own means to ensure that she and the baby are clothed, have shelter and are fed?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

do human civilization a favour: dump this heartless SOB

I hate to say it, but in this day that does seem to be normal. Should it be? Absolutely not.
    Video to win back my ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CFehxElUU Show it some love