+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Relationship

Long Distance Relationship

Right i have feelings for a gurl who is one year older than me and i am 14 and she lives an hour and 20 mins away from me and i wud love 2 have a long distance relationship with her.

It all started when i met her on a holiday and e both got to know each other and i had the time of my life and fell for her and we both had feelings for each other so after i got bak from the holiday she invited me to stay at her house so i went and stayed for a week at her house.

Well now i met up with her again i have strong feelings for her again and i would like to ask opinions of people who are older and have experienced this what should i do.

Would it be best to move on and try and forget about her and hope my feelings for her fade or should i talk to her and see if we could have a long distance relationship or am i 2 young to be having long distance relationships what are all your opinions?

thank you very much for ya time in reading this and typing a reply

long distance relationships are hard and require a certain level or maturiy. your only 14 i dont recommend getting into a long distance relationship with her.

Well, there is no reason to let distance stop you, even though you ARE young, and statistically speaking it won't last forever; which again is no reason to avoid the whole thing. It certianly is a test and a challenge; and I'm sure you will grow a lot from it. I say there is no reason NOT to continue seeing and at least talking to a girl you like because of this (and BTW, there are people out there who have made things work across the country; i.e. 24 hour drive self included, so it's not impossible, and your situation is not that bad realistically Good luck!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it depends on what you mean by "long distance relationship". I mean, what exactly do you anticipate the nature of the relationship being? If it means you will simply chat with her by IM every evening, then maybe it would take off some of the pressure you might be feeling to have a girlfriend and allow you to focus more on your studies.

I don't see any real relationship flowering, though. I mean, you would have a very hard time even seeing her, right?

Have you considered playing some basketball instead of chasing girls? It is much healthier.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't consider that long distance, but then again, I can drive.

Anyway, I do commend you on your open mindedness on your situation.

It's mature that you try to keep a level head when your "heart" dictates otherwise.

But don't let that go to your head.

I think you'd be best keeping things pretty casual.

Now's not the time to limit yourself to a girl that's difficult to visit.

Why do people INTENTIONALLY inflict future heartache and drama into their lives, when there are a half million other girls out there closer to home?

- You will NOT marry this girl.

- You WILL eventually not be able to handle the distance and stress that will come with a LTR.

- You WILL both become jealous or uncertian about the trust you have for each other when you aren't around each other all the time.

- You WILL require too much of each other and the distance will drive a barrier between the two of you.

- You WILL realize that all of that "Love conquers all" bullshit only happens in the movies, and eventually breakup.

- You WILL have issues with a physical relationship (If you two decide to have one...if you want to call it that...)

Should I go on?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

thank you for all your advice and about the basketball thing vashti i play loads of sport and i go running like 3 times a week i am very healthy.

and i think i will just let it be a friendship because like most of you said i am too young

tyvm, no1nows me