+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationship

Long distance relationship

I am dating a wonderful man that I love dearly. The only problem is, I really miss being close to him. We live in different cities and he's been trying to get up here to see me, but he doesn't have much money for a hotel room and he's had a to cancel a few times becuase of various reasons, mostly, he didn't have the money. His car broke down again and I am really having a hard time not being able to see him in person.

Does anyone, maybe someone who's had the same problem, have any advice on how to deal with the lonliness and with missing him so much?

get another guy in your area
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Not an option. I am in love with Brian. I don't want to end the relationship, I just want advice on coping with the distance.

the thing is like this: in long distance relationship, even though you think you could keep up your emotion, still in love with the other person, it's not guaranteed that your partner can keep it up.. and you end up like anyother people who was in long distance relationship: breakup - broken down.

So how to make long distance relationship work? Turn it into short distance relationship... Either you move closer to him/ he moves closer to you or both of you move closer to eachother (cant affort moving to another city? move to the other end of your city which is closer to him. ask him do the same).

I'm telling you, this is the only way. You dont believe? your doom. Be sure to come back after you break up with him to tell people that i'm telling the truth
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

hey, I have the same problem, but we are "only" 4000 miles away. lol. He lives in the US and I'm from Germany. For this kind of relationship work, I think, you guys have to at least think about someday soon being closer to be able to have a "normal" relationship and then spend more time together and being able to know each other well. Without this perspective, I think, it doesn't work. good luck.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how long have you been together? how many times have you seen him? how old are you both?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.