+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im finding it hard to get over her....

Im finding it hard to get over her....

Im finding it really hard to get over my girlfriend.Any idea what i can do to get over her? Its been about 3 weeks and Im feeling really sad because me and her split I see her everyday and I always think "Why did it have to end this way" and "what would I do to hold her in my arms and give her one last kiss" I keep rememing what my life was like when I was dating her...she made me feel so special. we are still friends and she said she still fancys me but she thinks it cant work anymore I remember we were talking on the grass and she touched my hands and it brought back so many memoaries. At that point I just wanted to take her hand and kiss her but i couldnt My life is completely different now she has gone The light has gone and now all that is around me is dark clouds I want her back sooo much...but she said something to me once (ages ago) and It cheered me up "dont cry cos its over, smile cos it happend" What should I do? Its making me soooo depressed...and by the way...talking about this isnt making me feel any worst...they just bring back gr8 memories. I loved her so much and even if she doesnt want to get back she was the first girl Ihave ever felt proper love with. i loved her so much but even if shes gone im sooooo glad I dated her...I realised there must be someone out there for everyone....She was the worlds best gf and no matter what happens that will never change....I love her so much....

1) you could tell her how you feel. you never know what could happen. just explain it to her.
    2) you could get over her. like you said its all dark clouds around right? well its a storm. storms always pass with time. time is a great healer. after a while it will all start clearing and you will feel a bit better again. you just have to keep yourself occupied and dont worry about it. go out with your mates and have a laugh. you will be ok after a while. promise!
    - Claire -

Dude, it's hard I know. I'm going through the loss of my girlfriend too, although she left me and said she didn't love me anymore, but didn't know why. We also had an age difference of 10 years, so that was probably a factor.

I've decided I'm not ready to give up all hope yet. Play it cool and distance yourself from her for a while. Stop the contact for a while (I KNOW it is hard), and make her think about you. If you are not so readily available to her, she may start thinking about you and what she has given up. I've discovered that you always want what you can't have in life, and if you disappear for a while, this may ring true for her.

Also, it may be worthwhile to write her a letter showing her your feelings. Check out my post entitled 'My GF left me', as I have posted the letter I sent to my GF there. I've received some really good feedback on it. You might like to use it to get some ideas. A letter to her will be something that she can keep forever (I think girls keep these sort of things), and you never know what feelings it may spark in her.

Good luck, and keep in touch. I'm on your side man.

I'm in the same situation as you, its beeen 3 week now, and i still love her very very much.

tomorow i'm gonna tell her how i feel the chance are thats not gonna change annything but after that i'll be able to move on

good luck i hope evrything is gonna be alright

sorry to hear about it dude. do yourself a favour -

1) go to the gym
    2) keep yourself busy - join a club or two.

you`re right life is different without her - but life can be better if you want it to be!