+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time to Move On?

Time to Move On?

I've been seeing a guy off and on for a year... ok, it's more of a booty call, but not... He comes over after work late at night, but he always stays until the next afternoon, we have great conversation, watch movies, snuggle, etc. He's a few years younger than me (I'm in my 30's) he's in his late 20's. He still lives at home, does work, but doesn't possess a lot of ambition. His friends and drinking are his thing... It's all been ok with me because I've enjoyed getting to know him and spending time with him.

We usually see each other two-three times a week and I saw him about two weeks ago came over and I even gave him a Christmas present. I am like that, I like doing nice things for others... We had fun and then everything kind of changed and I haven't heard from him since. Ok, I take that back, I briefly had a text session this last week while he was drinking. Since then I've sent him a couple of text messages just telling him to have a good day and stuff, but it's like he died and there's been no response. I don't want to ask "what's wrong", "what did I do" because that annoys guys and I don't think I've done anything.

I guess I just need to know from a neutral third party that it's time for me to move on and just let him go?! Although I would like to find out what happened, I know that it's probably best to just quit texting and move on... right?! Is there any reason for me to believe I'll hear from him again???

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    not unless you do something about it
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Fru is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Don't just give up right away. At least get a solid answer! If that means asking "what gives?", well, that's what should happen. You at least deserve to know why he's suddenly ignoring you. Maybe there's a legitimate reason (or maybe not)! Either way, finding out why doesn't qualify as "annoying him," I don't think.