+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interested? Tried and tested methods have failed me.

Interested? Tried and tested methods have failed me.

I hate facebook, not sure why I keep an account, but it always manages to complicate and confuse me.

I met this girl the other night at the bar(I know), she's a friend of a friend. I've been around enough to differentiate between a fun flirty thing that's only meant to last the night and then both parties go their own way. However this felt like more, because we did things such as plan events, and she brought them up often, restating how serious she was about sticking to the plan. I took that as a hint, that she was looking for reasons to continue contact. And I could tell she is social and I could tell she was flirty in general, but we spent a good portion of the night one on one. Which isn't something I usually do on nights out. Anyway at the same time it could have been simply a flirty fun thing.

Near the end of the night I asked for her number, she gave it without hesitation, and assured me it was real. As I was leaving she grabbed and then held my arm to get my attention(I wasn't going to leave without a proper goodbye, but I was turning to a friend who was near the door so it seemed like I was leaving) and she said a nice formal goodbye to me.

So I already wasn't too sure what to do with the number, I was definitely interested in getting to know her more. So I was on my way through her town(it lies between where I live and downtown) a couple nights later, it was a little last minute and I was expecting a no due to that but still, I figured I'd call her and ask her if she'd like to grab a coffee.

A lot of people do the whole texting or online messaging stuff now a days I find. But I call because it helps me more in the end I find. So even if her answer was going to be "no" Id be able tell by her tone and if she suggested alternatives if she was interested. And never in the past has this failed me.
    So I asked her to coffee, she was friendly and not snobby or reluctant on the phone, but she said she couldn't as she had to be up early the next day. And she didn't offer an alternative or say much more so we ended the conversation there.
    I thought(not saying she was lying about her reasons) applying my logic it was a rejection. Which I'm fine with, I was a little disappointed but it's not the first time I've been rejected. So I was taking it in stride.

I get home later that night and check my facebook(God I hate it) and surely enough, she definitely remembered my entire name and had gone through the work of finding and adding me on facebook. I accepted.

However, now I'm stuck in a new scenario. Do you guy's think she is interested? Because if so I'm definitely willing to tuck in the pride balls and make another attempt at meeting up, probably with a little more planning/forewarning this time.
    I just think that if it were a genuine rejection with no interest she wouldn't add me to facebook right after.
    Any thoughts?

Thank you

sounds to me like she may be playing a little hard to get. I'd give her one more call in a couple of days, and then if nothing comes of it, call it quits.

That's the general consensus I've been coming to, as well as everyone I've talked to. Thanks for the response.
    Just still a little unsure about the whole scenario, but I feel like things could go really well with her if she gave it a chance.