+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So here's the deal...

So here's the deal...

I've been friends with this girl for about a month. The way she USED to text me was so fun and felt like she liked me. She sent me really long messages filled with emoticons, she'd even text me first sometimes! I took her to prom on Saturday, it is now Tuesday. I kissed her after, this was my very first kiss :/ I'm 17. I texted her that night around 1 saying "did that just happen I'm so weird ". She then responded on Sunday morning saying that it made her feel uncomfortable and she didn't expect it. She sent me a text about every hour till about 6. She then responded saying sorry I made you feel bad I wasn't trying to be rude. I then texted her back for the a couple hours. She responded quickly and they seemed fun again. I still haven't talked to her in real life but I haven't had an opportunity to. I think she is some what trying to avoid me. She only sent me about 4 texts Monday after she texted me first!!!! They were bland and lifeless. Now I'm sitting here on the toilet thinking I wish I didn't kiss her and that she would just like me Hahahaha.... Do I give her space? Do I try to talk to her in person? Fill me with knowledge of what must be done

How soon will you see her in person? Because I think face to face is the way to go.

Though regardless of whether or not it's face to face, start out by asking "how are you doing?" and listen to her answer. If you're not sure how to act after she tells you, then ASK her what she needs from you. She's really the only one who can tell you what she needs.

Most of all though, the next move is about listening to her and letting her tell you what she needs now. It's not a time for you to express regrets or make it about you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.